Never being offered a better deal?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Never being offered a better deal?

Hello,

I currently pay $47.45/month for Rogers Hi-Speed Lite, which is 25GB.  I was poking around in the different packages and found that for a few extra bucks ($51.99) I could go all the way up to 80GB with the Express package!  Now and then I end up going over my 25GB, so a few extra bucks a month for all that extra would be great.  I feel it's not fair that Rogers never mentioned this to me.  I am not familiar with the website, so it's the first time that I found the area which outlines all the packages.

Has anyone else found that packages were changed around from the time that they signed up and no one from Rogers ever let them know about a better deal?  

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Never being offered a better deal?

Any CHANGES to your existing plan, they should always notify.. either by a seperate mailing.. OR, often most of those types of notifications are listed in your bill as well (so its always a good thing, to read EVERY page of the bill).

Really for this one, you are paying them more, so its not a deal, per say.  But i agree.. they should have things like - Oh, you go over your usage 2-3 times, sets a flag to be contacted, so that they can try to 'upsell' you to the next level.. yes more every month when you DONT go over the usage, but alot cheaper in the long run IF you do go over.

But in most cases.. NO.. they dont contact you about DEALS where you can save money.. its more money out of their pockets 😛

(though, again i agree, they SHOULD).

RARELY you do get calls like this, usualy a 3rd party rogers repsentive.. but not often.

Never be afraid to call in and ask as well.  Every once and a while, while im calling in for something (say a change, etc) i ask "Is there anything i can do so save money?"  Sometimes the 'packages' change.. and there is a better way.   I asked once, and we looked at the home phone, which had changed plans.. and was able to do a different way, and saved $6 a month, for the same features.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty

I believe what @TammyMarkham was talking about is what happened to me.

I too was paying $53.49/month for Rogers Hi-Speed Lite which is 25GB with a low speed modem ($4/mo) and an overage rate of $15/GB.  When I reviewed the different packages, I found Internet 5 at $24.99/month, also with 25GB but with higher speed modem ($8/mo) and an overage rate of $1.50/GB.  Tammy was going over her 25GB, and being charged $15/GB.  She felt that it was not fair that Rogers never mentioned the Internet 5 package to her. 

I think people can see her point. She was upset that the internet packages were changed after she signed up but no one from Rogers let her know about the better package. I suspect there was a flying in her bill, but she probably didn't read it.  If there are still people on Roger Hi-Speed Lite, then they need to change to the Internet 5 plan asap. They are paying way more than they should (>2X) and the overage usage rates are worse than today's pay-day money lenders.

This is why everyone who is a client of Rogers needs to review their packages at least annually but where do you post or highlight this kind of information for the community?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wont argue, that they should be contacting out, where there is an equivelent price but better service plan available.
Weither they can/will ever.. thats another stroy.

Like you said, really, each person has to take it upon themselves to check in every once in a while.  See whats available.
Keep a record of what your current one is.. the details of that plan, what it inludes, speeds, etc.
As they are not always available anymore when the new plans come out.
Compare $ for $ what each ones has.. make sure to check all the FINE PRINT details, etc.. may show extra charges or small differences.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Like you said, really, each person has to take it upon themselves to check in every once in a while.  See whats available.

If Rogers doesn't highlight cheaper, equivalent plans for their customers, how would you suggest I post an **ALERT** to the community telling them to abandon the Internet plan called:   High Speed Lite 25GB  if they still have it? No one should still be on this plan. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Other than saying ALERT NEW PLANS OUT.. there is not much that you can do.

As people could be on any number of previous plans before..

Heck.. there are people STILL out there right now on D2 single channel modem plans.