cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Full Bars

Daniel1
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had my Captivate (2.2) for about 2 weeks now, and I've noticed that I never have full bars. Like out of 5 the highest, its always at 3 or lower. No matter where I go, school, home, mall etc, it never goes more than 3 bars. Has anyone else had this problem?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Never Full Bars

Most cases I have seen do not reduce signal bars but that may still be a possibility. Try it without the case, see what happens.

3-4 bars is definitely acceptable as you should not see any difference in speed. Are you experiencing slow downs or network issues? Also is the signal better once you go outdoors?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TenOfZero
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you put a case on it or anything like that ?

BuckMacklin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

do you experience actual connection issues? 

Hi Daniel1,

So no matter where you are the signal bars are at 3? Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery? Is this affecting your calls or data?

This may be due to your location or distance from the tower. Do you know anyone else with a Rogers device nearby to compare with? If possible, test their SIM in your device and vice versa. This will let us know if the issue is coming from the area/phone/network.

Daniel1
I Plan to Stick Around

Ive compared with a different sim card and its actually the same still. Ive paid more attention to it and Ive gotten up to 4 bars now. But now im wondering, could the case i have on it really be affecting it? COuld that be why i only go to like 4/5 bars and not full?

Most cases I have seen do not reduce signal bars but that may still be a possibility. Try it without the case, see what happens.

3-4 bars is definitely acceptable as you should not see any difference in speed. Are you experiencing slow downs or network issues? Also is the signal better once you go outdoors?

Daniel1
I Plan to Stick Around

Whether the case is on or off doesn't change anything, speed is always the same and I've never had network issues.

It's a little annoying to never have full bars, but I guess that's just something I'll have to live with. Thanks for all the help

Whether the case is on or off doesn't change anything, speed is always the same and I've never had network issues.It's a little annoying to never have full bars, but I guess that's just something I'll have to live with. Thanks for all the help

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation