Network + Settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Network + Settings

Thought I would make a quick post in case anyone else was having similar issues.  Since I have had my Lumia 920 the Calls + SMS option under settings never worked.  It would open and then immediately close.  I was not missing any features, but it was not working and that was not sitting well with me.

After some support from both Nokia and WindowsPhoneSupport via Twitter, hard reset (still did not work) and then replaced the device through Rogers.  Still did not work!!! 

So I tried a different SIM (existing active account) and that worked!!! 

After advising Rogers Tech Sup about my findings, it turns out I had a few APNs associated with my account that did not need to be there.  Had those removed and just like that, I can now access the Network + (formly Calls + SMS renamed after an app update) without issue.  Not sure what this setting really provides or how it can benefits me but in case you are having similar issues, check your APNs.

Hope this helps someone.

****Edited Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Network + Settings

@RealtorTechGuy wrote:

Thought I would make a quick post in case anyone else was having similar issues.  Since I have had my Lumia 920 the Calls + SMS option under settings never worked.  It would open and then immediately close.  I was not missing any features, but it was not working and that was not sitting well with me.

After some support from both Nokia and WindowsPhoneSupport via Twitter, hard reset (still did not work) and then replaced the device through Rogers.  Still did not work!!! 

So I tried a different SIM (existing active account) and that worked!!! 

After advising Rogers Tech Sup about my findings, it turns out I had a few APNs associated with my account that did not need to be there.  Had those removed and just like that, I can now access the Network + (formly Calls + SMS renamed after an app update) without issue.  Not sure what this setting really provides or how it can benefits me but in case you are having similar issues, check your APNs.

Hope this helps someone.

... and how do we check the APNs associated with our account?  Is there somewhere we can see them, or is a call to Tech Support required?

/drt
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Network + Settings

Drtolson

only way I know to find out is a call into Rogers Tech Support.