Network Connectivity issues - LUMIA 1020

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Network Connectivity issues - LUMIA 1020

Everything seems to work well with my new Lumia 1020 except that it drops the network every now and then. It is definitely not a location issue - I live downtown Ottawa and no one using a Rogers plan has issues here.

I've installed Access point. I've tried dialing ##3282# and selecting, from the settings, the 3G network only, yet it seems to still connect to the 4G and also doesn't solve my dropping issue. The software is up-to-date.

Is it a hardware issue? Or is there something I need to do with Access point?

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Network Connectivity issues - LUMIA 1020

Hello Shadows4924

I would suggest trying a factory reset on the device or reset your networks to see if that will fix it. If this does not fix it, it could well be either the sim card causing this or a problem with the device it self.

The access points should be fine unless you modify them & sometimes they may not work.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Network Connectivity issues - LUMIA 1020

Don't feel bad. With my refurbashed Lumia 920, I only get a network connection if I'm on a hill. I loose connection in my home, at a coffee shop, walking down a hill and in most buildings. My orginal one was fine other then getting empty messages all the time and using data it shouldn't be using. They sent me this refurbashed one (used one that was repaired - but I don't think they even repaired it) and the data and messages are okay. But what is the use when 90% of the time I get no connectionl. My point is, connection issues could be your phone. Just 14 months to go till my contract ends and good bye rogers and hello telus. Why telus? Because they have less compaints. I wonder why. It's been nothing but nightmares with rogers.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation