Network Access Plan (Tablet)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryanfoster87
I've Been Here Awhile

Network Access Plan (Tablet)

Hey. Can someone clear something up for me. A friend just got a tablet sim and it is listed under their account as a Network Access Plan; which I understand is data only, however, they are telling me they think they can call for no extra charge because under the plan details in their profile it says 'unlimited shared minutes' and 'unlimted Eve and weekend minutes'
RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Network Access Plan (Tablet)

Hi @bryanfoster87

Tablet plans have no voice component in them and thus cannot be used for voice calls.

Hope that helps,

RogersDarrell

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Network Access Plan (Tablet)

The answer clarifies, but still doesn't answer why the other party shows under their profile about calling minutes.

This is in the details for tablet data plans.

± Your first invoice will include a Connection Fee of $25 per line to activate your service on our network. Where applicable, additional airtime, data, long distance, roaming, options and taxes are extra and billed monthly. The following monthly government 9-1-1 fees apply where applicable: 94¢ in Saskatchewan (effective January 1, 2018), 46¢ in Quebec, 43¢ in Nova Scotia, 53¢ in New Brunswick, 70¢ in Prince Edward Island, 44¢ in Alberta, and 75¢ in Newfoundland and Labrador. However, there is no airtime charge for calls made to 9-1-1 from your Rogers wireless device.

2. Pay-Per-Use rate and subject to change without notice. Taxes extra. Fee charged per line in addition to plan monthly fee and applies for 24 hrs from first use in eligible destination. Roaming charges apply when outside eligible destination. Data: Usage exceeding plan allotment charged in increments rounded up to next MB or GB as applicable. Texts: While in eligible destination, includes texts sent to local or Canadian wireless number. Sent/received premium texts, sent international texts to non-eligible destinations charged at applicable rates. Calls: While in an eligible destination, includes unlimited calls to local or Canadian numbers. International long distance rates apply to calls made to other countries while in eligible destination. Rogers.com/terms for full terms and conditions and list of eligible destinations.

So there is mixed messages in various places - I would advise your other person to contact and clarify, but please Darrell explain the details I just posted.

Also note something I never noticed before - pay per use rate and subject to change without notice - poor grammar first lol, but I would think this should be a highlighted item on people's contracts so it is obvious as required by CRTC wireless code of contact.  It may be, I haven't checked, but it would certainly relieve the frustration when people say, "you never told me my rates were going up on pay per use" some of us run plans where we know we will be doing pay per use as needed.  I think that is an important thing to be telling us up front, not buried in a click more details or in the terms.  People may not like it, but at least they would know it can happen.

Just an opinion - Rogers gets a lot of complaints because a lot of stuff isn't clearly stated up front.

Bruce