Netflix - usage (is this normal?)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersHemal
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix - usage (is this normal?)

@Ressy
Bell Internet TV does count towards a Bell users internet usage.  This is described on Bell FAQ website.

@community

Our bandwidth allowances are very generous and help provide customers with the best plan to fit their online needs. Rogers offers online tools, which are available at www.rogers.com (Manage My Account > View Internet Usage) and rogers.com/keepingpace, that help customers monitor and manage their usage.

We don’t impose a cap on internet usage, we do have usage allowances for each of our products as well as additional usage fees when customers exceed their allowance.

DigitalDarkAges
I've Been Here Awhile

The caps are too low.  Why is this so hard for your company to absorb?  You are not a competitive ISP, you don't lead by example, you provide less value for my dollar year over year.

Cut the rhetoric, and come right out and say that you just don't care about good customer service, and that we should all just move along.

DigitalDarkAges
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't even use Netflix because your "bandwidth allowances", or as your customers call it "CAPS" are too cost prohibitive for me to take the risk. I refuse to pay for more expensive tiers that have little return on my investment.
Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I wish I could switch to Teksavvy after UBB gets its **bleep** thrown out, but according to the site they don't service my building..

I have a funny feeling the building management made a deal with Rogers.

Patr1
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHemal

Thank you for taking the time to espouse the benefits of the Rogers brand for my internet needs.  Unfortunately your current mix of products is insufficient at my price resistance level.  Please explain why the overcharge on my product per gigabyte costs $5.00?  Please explain why the product that I currently enjoy is no longer offered by Rogers?  That instead a similar product now has an allowance of only 15GB?  Please explain why after thirteen years of being a loyal Rogers customer; that after posting a request to have my daily usage EMAILED to me that it gets ignored?  Oh, and are you familiar with the phrase, "A rose by any other name is but still a rose"? 

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@community

Hi there,

As RogersHemal mentioned, Rogers offers online tools at www.rogers.com (Manage My Account > View Internet Usage) that help customers monitor and manage their usage.

Usage allowances apply on a monthly basis and vary by tier of service. Charges apply for additional use beyond the monthly usage allowance associated with your tier of service. For details, visit rogers.com/keepingpace.

We don’t impose a cap on internet usage, we do have usage allowances for each of our products as well as well as additional usage fees when customers exceed their allowance.

For more information, please see our RedBoard blog post here.

Thank you

Enigmatic
I Plan to Stick Around

CRTC decision to cap the Internet usage has been overthrown by the government. Great news! However, Rogers still keeps tight bandwidth caps on their Internet usage. Rogers, how about increasing the caps so we all can enjoy Netflix, YouTube, cloud backup, remote office without fearing additional over-usage fees?

I am Netflix user, YouTube, working with huge media files (for customers mainly) and I stronly feel that Rogers has been ripping us off with bandwitdh caps being too low.

I absolutelly sucks to contantly watching my usage on Rogers site and fearing that my 4 people family will go over the board. I do not want unlimited usage but for the God sake, increase it to usable standards like 300 GB for your Extreme Plus package.

Rogers, do something for your customers!

Tom

Patr1
I Plan to Stick Around

@Erin

At my allowance level using the Roger online tool is impractical to stay abreast of my allowance.  What is so hard to understand about that?  You impose an 'allowance' yet refuse to inform me of my usage in a timely manner!  It's YOUR responsibility to inform me of my usage!  YOU have the meter!  And rather than continue this here perhaps you could EMAIL me as to WHY you can't EMAIL me my usage.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Patr1

Annoyed1973
I Plan to Stick Around

Its possible that it might ease over time, due to the government's compelling

CRTC to overturn the usage-based billing regime it will mean Rogers and

Bell won't be able to mandate the passing on of their usage-billing to

third-party competitors.

The net result of that will be that competitor's service will appear to

have greater value and the big players like Rogers will lose customers

to others that offer unlimited bandwidth.

Obviously Rogers management will not like that and may

respond by upping the caps on their service tiers.

Of course its only been a day or so since the announcement

of the rules pending overturn, and corporations don't do anything

too quickly so it may be a couple months before Rogers can

respond meaningfully.

If they don't, they'll lose business, they may not care in

the short term but they will in the long run so its in their

interest to improve customer retention by upping their

caps, lets hope it doesn't take them a year to reach

this obvious conclusion.

Khicken
I'm a Regular

I see Rogers as having a great opportunity. They can let smaller companies offer cable internet with better value plans syphon customers off.... OR they can be proactive and raise their caps and show the public they are on their side . A great way to steal a whole bunch of unhappy Bell customers!

They can't rely on the CRTC protecting them anymore.