Netcomm Hub (3G25W) External Signal Boost Option

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Netcomm Hub (3G25W) External Signal Boost Option

This may be a dumb question - if so I apologize - but we recently switched internet providers after our wireless ISP (we live in the country - what can I say! Smiley Mad) couldn't deliver service to our area anymore and so we're now left with our OLD wireless radio equipment (Tranzio Wireless Equipment Model TR-CPQ-19f) and a  rooftop mount now that we've switched over to the Netcomm Hub with Rogers. The Tranzio is a 2.4GHz Outdoor Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) unit so I suspect not but wonder just in case if...... 

Question: Is there any way that we can make use of this Tranzio equipment to boost our signal feed to the Netcomm Hub? And if so....how do we do that? Also, if there isn't, is there a market out there for these things because we have no use for it now? (Unfortunately we were forced to purchase our equipment outright by the local wireless provider :mansadJ  )

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Netcomm Hub (3G25W) External Signal Boost Option

@kbeaud79:

your new Netcomm Hub uses cellular phone communications.  These use different frequency ranges for communications, and not the 2.4 GHz that your old equipment used.  Therefore there is very little likelihood that your old antenna would be useful for the Netcomm Hub and cellular communications.

Sorry I could not give you better news.

skinorth

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks.....you've confirmed what I suspected was the case.

Do you happen to know of any way of sales outlet that might be interested in the radio and POE it came with?

Many thanks....

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@kbeaud79:

try Kijiji or Craigs List.  That sort of thing is fairly technical and specific to a distinct application and hence fairly specialized.

skinorth