Netcomm 3G25W-R WLAN locks up when connecting with Acer Aspire laptop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtdodge
I've Been Here Awhile

Netcomm 3G25W-R WLAN locks up when connecting with Acer Aspire laptop

I have recently purchased the Netcomm 3G25W-R hub which works fine with all our WiFi wireless devices, including three different Ipods, my Blackberry, and two different ACER laptops.  BUT when I try to connect (wireless) with MY laptop (ACER ASPIRE 7740G) the WLAN on the HUB stops working completely, the WLAN light is still on, but any device that was connected has now lost its' connection and cannot re-connect.  The only thing that works is to power down the HUB and re-start it.  Everything will work fine, all day long, until I try to connect with my laptop, then boom, everything stops!

I can connect my laptop via LAN cable to the HUB, as I am right now, everything is still working, including connections for the other wireless devices.

I took my laptop to work, tried the WiFi there - no problem...  Can anyone help???

***Edited labels***

skinorth
I'm an Advisor

Re: Netcomm 3G25W-R WLAN locks up when connecting with Acer Aspire laptop

@rtdodge:

in order to see what is happening on the 3G25W-R, try connecting one of the other laptops using an ethernet cable, and then try the WiFi on the Acer  Aspire.  Perhaps you can get into the hub management interface to see if there are any problems noted.

Otherwise, my first guess is that there may be some WiFi radio frequency interference issues.  This is just a guess.  The interference could also be caused by non-WiFi devices such as cordless phones, or even a Hydro smart meter.  See other postings in this forum on that.  It could be that one or the other of the WiFi devices actually has a WiFi-related malfunction, including the Netcomm device.

If you turn off all the other WiFi devices except the Acer Aspire, will it still lock when you use WiFi to connect to your Netcomm?  If it does not, try the other devices one by one with the Acer connected using WiFi, to see if you can find combinations that work, or that fail.  This may tell you something about the problem.

It is also possible to play with the WiFi parameters and change the channels it is using to determine if there are combinations that work or don't work.

skinorth

rtdodge
I've Been Here Awhile

skinorth - Thanks for the reply.

Yes, even with all of the other WiFi devices off, the same thing will happen as soon as I try to connect with the Aser Aspire...  I'll try what you suggested, having one of the other  computers connected vie ethernet cable and then try the WiFi on the Aspire.  Not sure how to get into the hub management interface, but I'll give it a try.

skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@rtdodge:

you get to the management interface on the Hub by putting its IP address into the address (URL) field up at the top of your browser.  I can't remember the default IP for the Netcomm, but I think it's 192.168.1.1.

You will need to access the documentation for the device to determine username and password which will get you into the management interface.

Good luck.

skinorth