Netbox skipping entire episodes of a series I have set up to record

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Netbox skipping entire episodes of a series I have set up to record

Can someone tell me why my Nextbox just skips entire episodes of a series I have set up to record? I record the Daily Show every night and it will record Monday, skip Tuesday, record Wednesday, skip Thursday, etc. 

I set up a new series to be recorded, and it only recorded the last episode. It was an entirely new series. What is the issue? 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Netbox skipping entire episodes of a series I have set up to record

Are all of them listing in the guide, as NEW? (have the new tag)
That seems to be a big thing.. that often NEW stuff doesnt always seem to be taged properly... and causes some failures.

If its something you know is on every night, same time, and normally always NEW anyways.. might be best to set to record them all regardless of new or not.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are all of them listing in the guide, as NEW? (have the new tag)
That seems to be a big thing.. that often NEW stuff doesnt always seem to be taged properly... and causes some failures.

If its something you know is on every night, same time, and normally always NEW anyways.. might be best to set to record them all regardless of new or not.

View solution in original post

I've Been Here Awhile

I have no idea how the show is marked every day, that it not something I track. I assume that it would be marked as "New", as the episodes are actually New. Considering that the show I asked it to program was running the new series of the show. '

I don't want to pick up every show, as some of the shows like The Daily Show go on vacation quite frequently and I don't want to re-record something that I've already recorded. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Forgot to say thank you for you reply, Gdkitty. I appreciate it!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh I understand not necessarily wanting it to set to record them all and get the extras..
But I found it's really the only reliable way, unless you double check daily to make sure it's set for that night (what my wife does).

To record them all, shouldn't be too much of a space issue if you have the NB3, unless you are recording A LOT of other tv.
Can just delete any ones it records which are reruns.

I've Been Around

Has anyone noticed that certain shows are not being tagged as "New" even though they are first time airings. When the PVR is set to record all new episodes, it misses these episodes. My daughters love the show "Girls" on TMN/HBO. I set the PVR to record all new episodes, but so far it has missed all of the episodes this month because none of them have the red box "New" in the schedule. Funny enough, the episodes show the year as 2015 in the details. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, that has been an ongoing issue 😞

(weither that is a ROGERS bug... or that is for whatever reason that the guide info supplier is not passing on the NEW information, etc along with the guide info, etc)

My wife usually every day or two, goes 1-2 days ahead, just to make sure that it IS grabbing the NEW stuff properly and set the recordings.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I do much the same as your wife. Each night I set up the nest days recordings. If I'm in doubt about whether an episode is new or not I usually check the information blurb.

I noticed last night on my guide that the show Resurrection was not marked "NEW" on channel 6, but was marked as "NEW" on channel 20. though it was the same new episode on both channels
I'm a Senior Advisor

I find Zap2it is more reliable that rge Rogers IPG and it also gives seaon and episode numbers.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=tvschedule

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I find Zap2it is more reliable that rge Rogers IPG and it also gives seaon and episode numbers.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=tvschedule

Same here.  Also it give a list of all and which channel the broadcast of an episode may be shown