Netbox 4642 not playing recorded shows

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Netbox 4642 not playing recorded shows

Had no issues until very recently playing recorded shows on the second box.

Now receive an error that the show could be deleted or there are insufficient resources to play the show.

Have rebooted, 4642 has always shown the little "house", can read the list of recorded shows.

Is this common?  The box is rented so is it a straight exchange?  Do I have to call for service first?

Was starting to get fed up with shows pixelating and freezing and channels going black and the music channels disappearing altogether but what is the point of a "whole house experience"  if it is limited to one room.  Knew I should have gone with Bell.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Netbox 4642 not playing recorded shows

We're you having all those problems only in one box? The 4642? Could just be a bad box, or bad signal to that box only. I had that at first with the whole home, and not an issue since I had a tech out to fix the signal issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

The pixelating and freezing and loss of channels is now happening with both the PVR in the family room and the box upstairs.

The loss of music channels shouldn't be related to the boxes unless its authorisation but every one gets the music channels.  The pixelating and freezing could be the boxes or the signal but with continuos degredation it leads me to think its the signal.

I was wondering if rogers much touted increases to internet speeds may be hogging resources needed for the cable signal.

But at the price I pay for the services I get I shouldn't have to turn to community forums to find out about signal problems in my area or issues with Netbox not working properly.  And sitting on the phone for hours is a useless options.

Doesn't Rogers monitor their network signals to see where repairs or improvements are needed or is it a matter of ignoring the client and cashing the cheque until enough complaints come in before doing anything?   

I'm a Reliable Contributor

After the firmware update Tuesday night, I started getting pixelation/quick signal drops.

I ended up unplugging the 8642 and the problems went away (for now).

I Plan to Stick Around

Unplugging the boxes has only worked when the picture freezes.  I've done it so many times I think someone should come up with an app for it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A lack of signal can cause a channel to not show up, or an authorized channel to show up as unauthorized.

While I agree it would be nice for them to PROACTIVELY monitor each signal thing, for all the users, it's prob to high a cost to do so.

It would be worth getting a tech out to take a look, could be just a bad spliter, or even just the addition of a booster may be enough.

I Plan to Stick Around

A bad box or signal doesn't explain intermittent loss of program listings, capabilities being there one day and not the next.

And monitoring signal strengths is neither expensive or difficult to do - it is common practice in other industries. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actualy it can. You said the program listings disappear on the 2nd box, which is not the pvr?

If it is not getting a strong enough signal, it can't read from the pvr. I had this exact issue, as the cable running to our bedroom was ancient. They added a booster which pushed it up into the reasonable (still not great range), and it worked fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

All new cables in the house less than 6 years old.  When the system was installed this past summer tech dealt with everything, fixed a minor problem and said everything in the house was best performance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Im assuming you have already restarted the boxes.

Its  possibly its a bad box (or bad update to it).  If its a rental, i would swap it out.