Netbox 3 - Brightness of clock light

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCinToronto
I Plan to Stick Around

Netbox 3 - Brightness of clock light

Certainly not the worst problem with this box, but does anyone know if there is a way to dim this light. I've had the box for a long time and it still bothers me how bright this is.

If not, anyone come up with their remedy? I was thinking of taping a colored plastic film in front of it, but it made it blury.

Just wondering if anyone fixed it,

Thanks,

KC 

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Netbox 3 - Brightness of clock light

Unfortunately, there is no built in thing to change it 😞

Only things i have heard is people putting things like film infront of it.

I beleive there is a setting, where you can have it turned off, when the box is off...
BUT with the overnight updates, i beleive it turns it back on >.<

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

You can go into the settings on the 8300 and set it so there is only a small green dot when it's on standby? Is there nothing like that on the NB3?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
jimboden
I'm an Advisor

OLDYELLR:

As GDkitty said, there's an option on the NB3 to turn the clock off when it's not powered on. That's the equivalent of what the 8300 does. I don't think the NB3 shows a little dot, though. It's been a while, so can't say for certain.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With it off there will be no dot or anything, unless you have the whole home pvr, where the house icon would stay.