cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbox 3.0 PVR Recordings List Organised by List Issue

sethlwilson
I Plan to Stick Around

Listing my recordings by title is problematic. The list appears truncated and / or incomplete. The cursor disappears and reappears when I toggle pressing up-down arrows and page up-down arrows. If I reboot the device, the list appears again as it should initially but as soon as I start scrolling through the list organised by title the cursor disappears and the list starts to truncate.

In my 3 years experience with Rogers's Netbox devices - 2.0 and now 3.0 - I find that while the PVR hardware has been solid and reliable, the software the development of which I imagine Rogers contracted out to the lowest bid is complete crap. It is obvious to me as a professional software developer that the Netbox PVR's software is developed by a bare-bones team that lacks adequate quality assurance and little if any concern for UI/UX. I put up with Rogers because there is no better alternative. You should really be ashamed at how horrible it is your PVR product.

***Edited Labels.***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Netbox 3.0 PVR Recordings List Organised by List Issue

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @sethlwilson

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear about your frustrations with your PVR.

How long have you had this issue with your Nextbox 3.0 PVR? Have you swapped out this box?

We can definitely work with you for a solution for your issue.

@RogersPrasana

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That does sound like an odd one.

The disapearing things on the listing.. is a known bug.
Me and some other users have done some testing on an other forum.. and traced it pretty much down to when deleting some entries (mostly seems to happen when a stuff in a folder, nearer to the top of the list).

That it happens right after scrolling though.. thats a new one for me hearing..

Just curious how full the box is?

sethlwilson
I Plan to Stick Around
I think I noticed this about a couple of months ago. As I said, if I reboot it fixes it temporarily. After reading the other posters comment I remembered that it tends to happen after I've deleted an item from the List By Title list. At the bottom of the screen is displayed "Deleting ..." but it never goes away.

I truly believe this is a software issue, and that switching out the box wouldn't make any difference. In fact I haven't had this one very long. I just recently upgraded to the Netbox 3.0 so that I could record more programs.

sethlwilson
I Plan to Stick Around
My PVR is ALWAYS recording something. I have it set up to record all instances of Will & Grace, Seinfeld, and other shows that tend to run all day long during marathons. That's the reason I upgraded to the Nextbox 3.0. Currently the used disc space is sitting around 65%. There are hundreds of recordings in my list. I think I'm pushing it to the limit although it is touted as the PVR to have if you record a lot of programs especially in HD. If I could get my hands on the source code I'm sure I could find the problem in no time. All software including mine has bugs. It's just that this one is particularly crippling. Sigh.

I get it rarely.. maybe once a month.. but not very often.

BUT.. the main difference.. i would think is maybe the FULLNESS..
I am using an extender on it... so i have DOUBLE the size.. i have a TON of stuff (like 30hours HD).. and less that 20% used.

Some others on another forum, have noticed this, and some of the other bugs.. DO seem to come up more often, when the drive it 70+ish % full 😞

Definately some bad coding or something thats causing it.

BB88
I Plan to Stick Around

I have had this problem for more than a year. It actually started happening with my NextBox 2.0, and then same thing happened with my NextBox 3.0. Swapped the box 3 times but it didn't help. Rogers escalated the issue, even to Cisco before, but it wasn't helping much even they acknowledged the issue.

A couple previous threads about the issue:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation