Listing my recordings by title is problematic. The list appears truncated and / or incomplete. The cursor disappears and reappears when I toggle pressing up-down arrows and page up-down arrows. If I reboot the device, the list appears again as it should initially but as soon as I start scrolling through the list organised by title the cursor disappears and the list starts to truncate.
In my 3 years experience with Rogers's Netbox devices - 2.0 and now 3.0 - I find that while the PVR hardware has been solid and reliable, the software the development of which I imagine Rogers contracted out to the lowest bid is complete crap. It is obvious to me as a professional software developer that the Netbox PVR's software is developed by a bare-bones team that lacks adequate quality assurance and little if any concern for UI/UX. I put up with Rogers because there is no better alternative. You should really be ashamed at how horrible it is your PVR product.
That does sound like an odd one.
The disapearing things on the listing.. is a known bug.
Me and some other users have done some testing on an other forum.. and traced it pretty much down to when deleting some entries (mostly seems to happen when a stuff in a folder, nearer to the top of the list).
That it happens right after scrolling though.. thats a new one for me hearing..
Just curious how full the box is?
I get it rarely.. maybe once a month.. but not very often.
BUT.. the main difference.. i would think is maybe the FULLNESS..
I am using an extender on it... so i have DOUBLE the size.. i have a TON of stuff (like 30hours HD).. and less that 20% used.
Some others on another forum, have noticed this, and some of the other bugs.. DO seem to come up more often, when the drive it 70+ish % full 😞
Definately some bad coding or something thats causing it.
I have had this problem for more than a year. It actually started happening with my NextBox 2.0, and then same thing happened with my NextBox 3.0. Swapped the box 3 times but it didn't help. Rogers escalated the issue, even to Cisco before, but it wasn't helping much even they acknowledged the issue.
A couple previous threads about the issue: