NetComm Rogers Rocket Hub 3G25W-R Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

NetComm Rogers Rocket Hub 3G25W-R Issues

Ok so I bought the Rogers 3G25W-R Rocket hub yesterday the fancy White and red one took it home got it all hooked up last night, put the sim card in powered it all up and everything. I connected both my PS3(LAN2) and my Mac Laptop(LAN1) using an Ethernet cord into the hub. I got google's home page up on my computer for a little bit did some browseing everything was fine.

Then I decided to play a little bit of Black Ops Online. I played for about 20 minutes before getting disconnected and as I was getting disconnected I looked at the hub and noticed my High Signal Strength (Light) was completely out as well as the 3G MODE, INTERNET, and WLAN all thoes lights turned off, except Lan1 Lan2 and Power thoes lights stayd on. This happend for about 10 seconds and all them came back ON without the Internet light coming back on, I had to unplug and plug the system back in before I get proper internet again. and This happenes to me every time I try playing Pokerstars or PS3 Online... I can only play for literraly like 20 Minutes everything before getting disconnected Its like the Hub can't handle it and it just shuts down partially? 

Only time when I do get proper usage out of the Hub is like right now when I am browseing web pages, or Hotmail, or going on Youtube.. Ect .  This is the only time it doesn't cut out on me, its like I have to use it lightly or something, and as soon as I get into a Call of Duty Black Ops Online Game or a Pokerstars Tournament the Hub can't handle and it shuts down.. and I can only browse pages .

I live out in a rural area, country wise and I know other guys around that have the Rocket Hubs and they can play online with no problems.

Can anyone els relate or know what I have to do? do I have to adjust something on the Hub like a setting? to make it compatible with my Online gaming..?  I paid good money for this thing yesterday and I'm just about ready to take it back to the mall I got it from.

Can anyone els relate or help out Thanks

*** Edited Labels***

I'm an Advisor

Re: NetComm Rogers Rocket Hub 3G25W-R Issues

@buzzedovaweed:

there have been a number of postings some months ago which suggested that the Netcomm RocketHub had a tendency to lose its DNS address settings.  You might research that issue in this Forum as the suggestions made in them may help to solve your problem.

You can use the tags listed to the right to find the appropriate postings.

skinorth

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok so after struggling with this new Rocket hub for 2 days, and being on the phone and talking to countless roger Tech's finally one Tech did tell me that I should try to get a Public IP added on my Router?!! anyone ever hear of this before ? and If this is what I need .. will it allow me to play PS3 Online, Pokerstars, Miniclip 8Ball Pool ?? with out getting kicked off or disconnected? 

I'm an Advisor

@buzzedovaweed:

I personally do not use the Netcomm RocketHub.  I own and use the Ericsson W35 RocketHub, so I cannot speak of personal experience with the Netcomm RocketHub.  However, I have been active in this Forum for about a year now, and have actively monitored postings about the Netcomm device.  I suggest you should check out the postings from the last year for the Netcomm RocketHub.

One such thread can be found at:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/page/1/thread-...

I am not sure where, but I do know that I have seen a number of postings which mentioned private IP addresses for playing games.  As I do not play games ( well, not those games, if you know what I mean) I have not had personal experience with that issue.  But I do remember reading postings stating that a private IP address was not required for game playing.

However, there have been many postings regarding DNS problems with the Netcomm device.  So, before you end up spending another $10 a month on Rogers, just because some tech thought that just maybe that would solve your problem, and it would make him/her look good for selling more Rogers services as well, do some more research on the issue.

Look before you leap.

skinorth