NetComm 3G25W-R portforwarding help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unkemptchad
I Plan to Stick Around

NetComm 3G25W-R portforwarding help

Hello, first time poster. I got the NetComm 3G25W-R hub, and I'm trying to play xbox with it. But the problem is that I come across a NAT problem, while I've followed what is stated in the manual(both the special AP and the virtual server) I still come across this problem. I've scoured the internet in hopes for some help to my woes but this is not a very while known device. Did I go wrong by chosing this device?

*** Edited Labels***

unkemptchad
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NetComm 3G25W-R portforwarding help

And when I call rogers they say that they can't do anything about it, and gave me the number for netcomm. Which is australian. There's no information about this router anywhere, nor can I even find the file to reinstall the firmware to make sure it's not a firmware issue. :S And on another note my xbox doesn't show up on the client list?

unkemptchad
I Plan to Stick Around

It's nice to see the 'support' forums busling with help..

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Did you follow these instructions? http://media.netcomm.com.au/public/assets/pdf_file/0004/76720/PFS-3G25W-R.pdf

Looks like a basic port forward setup..
unkemptchad
I Plan to Stick Around

Of course I tried that. I've been refered to that same manual plenty of times. How do I op out of rogers mobile? This isn't the right internet for me. I was told I would be recieving 25mb/sec download speeds, but that's not the case for me. I was straight up lied to by rogers and I do not want this anymore.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yeah your not going to get that speed.. You may get 'up to' those are the key legal loophole words...
unkemptchad
I Plan to Stick Around

Well then that's crap, when I could have gotten the other POS service for $10 cheaper. For probably the exact same DL speeds.

Am I right?

unkemptchad
I Plan to Stick Around

Still looking for that one person who can help me with my problem

ggoheen
I'm Here A Lot

I'm afraid you are probably out of luck getting this unit to work with port forwarding.  About 6 months ago, I tried everything to get it working including paying extra for a pubic IP from Rogers.  Rogers does not support the "Rogers Connection Manager" so I eventually gave up.

I just upgraded to the 3G27WVR unit and it has a different interface for setting up port forwarding.  I havn't had a chance to try it yet as I am fighting a more serious problem with this new unit!

gg

hogwild69
I Plan to Stick Around

you must sign up for public ip addresss from rogers 5-10 bucks more thats what is needed you  will then use vpn.com as your apn