NetComm 3G10WVR problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: NetComm 3G10WVR problems

This advice also fixed my problem. Whenever I visited the Internet Movie Database web site (IMDb) my NetComm router disconnected.  

Thanks for the well-written post. 

I've Been Around

Hi just picked up my HUB last week.

And after four days, it times out in the evenings. I'm finding it very frustrating. I'm still on the trial, can I take it back to the store and exchange it for an Erickson? And it says about the dns server thing. Confused on how to fix it,.

Tina Cherilee

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Tina, type 192.168.1.1 into your address bar in your browser, press enter. Type in "admin" for username and ""admin" for password. Click on "advanced" then "DNS" then "DNS server" then check off "Use the following Static DNS IP address:" then type, 8.8.8.8 in primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in secondary dns, then click "save/apply" button and then reboot the router.

If you are using windows 7 go into control panel, network, view network, network status and tasks. click change adapter settings, right click Rogers, go to properties and double clk IP ver 4 and clk use the following DNS and enter the above numbers, apply and ok, close.

Easier to change in the router. This should prevent blank pages and timeouts.
I Plan to Stick Around

My Netcomm has been working fine since I did the DNS change last fall.  It gave me some grief a few weeks ago, I went to the 192. 168.1.1address and checked the temp of the router and it was hot, so I elevated it off the desk to let some air under it, and the problems quit.  This Rogers hi-speed internet is expensive, and the tech support is lacking, but it's far and away the best service I've ever had.  Very fast, very reliable, and when my 2 year contract is up, I'll probably keep using it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I bought the rocket hub netcomm 3G10WVR to use it while I am inthe cottage. I did the DNS thing but I am still losing connection several times a day. I ampst the trial period so I am stuck with the hub for 2 years!

I am thinking of getting a yaggi Antenna as My place is by the lake and it could use some stronger signal. I checked on ebay but not sure which one to get.

Any expereince or feed back?

TIA

I've Been Here Awhile

I bought the rocket hub netcomm 3G10WVR to use it while I am inthe cottage. I did the DNS thing but I am still losing connection several times a day. I ampst the trial period so I am stuck with the hub for 2 years!

I am thinking of getting a yaggi Antenna as My place is by the lake and it could use some stronger signal. I checked on ebay but not sure which one to get.

Any expereince or feed back?

TIA

I Plan to Stick Around

rfconnectionshop.com  sells them

kijiji.ca has a couple listed in Ontario

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an after thought, but did you try removing the sim card, clean the contacts and put it back?

I'm an Advisor

@seen444:

depending on your signal strength, you may find that an external antenna will help.  However, I have found that I still get disconnects at certain times of the day, when the cellular network is at its busiest.

By the way, if you do get an antenna, I recommend you go with the Wilson log periodic antenna, and not a yagi.  The log periodic antenna is multi band as you will need for the frequency ranges used by the Hub.

You can find information on the Wilson log periodic antenna here:

http://www.wilsoncellular.us/wilson-304411-dual-band-yagi-antenna-p-945.html

skinorth

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been using the NetComm modem with Rogers for about a year now. It's the best solution I've found for internet access in our location (no DSL or Cable). A big problem started to occur when I started using Salesforce.com and Chatter (also part of Salesforce). The loss of connectivity to the DNS server described by Goodbrew earlier in this thread happens every time I connect to either of those services. Salesforce support had not heard of the problem and couldn't provide any reasonable suggestions.

I followed the advice of Chris in this thread and set the DNS Server address on all the computers and mobile devices on our network. I'm using the DNS Server at 64.71.255.198, but there are utilities that will help you find the best one for use in your location. Our network has been working like a charm since the change. For a long time I had been switching from automatic to fixed DNS Server address on the NetComm modem whenever the problem happened. This fixed the problem temporarily, but when using Salesforce or Chatter you had to do it constantly to keep working.

Clearly there's a problem with the NetComm DNS setup, but I haven't found anyone to confirm this or to find a way to correct it. Setting the DNS server address on the connected devices is the best solution I've found so far. Thanks to Chris and others in this thread for the suggestion.