NetBox 3.0 recording issues? Solution may help you!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

NetBox 3.0 recording issues? Solution may help you!

K, I had recording issues like everyone else using NB3. Recorded programs freezing or not playing after 1-2 min either from the beginning or the end of the recorded program. In either case the error time 1193.02 shows up as time played. The entire box freezes and nothing you can do except turn it off and on to get the box working again... Here's my solution that I used on 2 seperate NB3's and WORKED!! It's a long pain process but better than swapping a dozen boxes and end up frustrated at rogers for the upteenth time. The entire process may take an hour or so.  Try this if you have ANY recording issue. Here's what I did...

1. goto settings, trouble shooting, reset box to factory settings

2. a message box appears asking you to confirm. NO selection choice is given (yes or no) but you have to click ok/select anyway before the box reboots itself. This may take a few minutes to start the boot process. MUST be patient during these steps or it wont work if you start pressing every button due to impatience. A pop-up screen will ask for a 4 digit passcode. Enter the default which is 0 0 0 0.

3. i. system panel will display the 4 dotted lines _ _ _ _

ii. boot will show for few minutes

iii. then a blue dotted line will start circling. This is the box resetting back to factory settings. BE PATIENT. This part of the process takes up to 20-25 minutes, maybe longer!

iv. box screen panel goes blank and time appears; the red line will appear downloading the factory settings, menus, etc.

v.  when done, power box back on. Rogers home default channel 1 will appear. Confirms box is back to factory settings

THEN:

Do a hard reboot! Unplug box, wait 30 sec. and plug box back in. It will go thru the initialization process again as if box is brand new. Once done you have the time showing on panel. Power box by turning it on via remote control. You then have to reset everything like scheduled recordings, home page default channel, appearance, volume, sound etc. to the way you like it. Now record a few minutes of a program, tv show, etc. The recording error is now gone when playing, FF, reverse, et al. 

If this process still doesnt work, you will most likely have to swap the box again. I know... a big pain but nothing else you can do until rogers gives a workable firmware/software fix that is permanent! 

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: NetBox 3.0 recording issues? Solution may help you!

pac_west227:

Interesting. I just tried your procedure and it only took a few minutes, more or less the same as a "normal" reboot. All it did was erase my recordings and scheduled recordings, plus it reset all the menu options to their defaults. It did not download or update anything, possibly because I'm already at the latest firmware version. In any case, I'm going to see if it helps with audio problems.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Jimboden

Have you tried recording anything yet and did all the functions work as per normal??

As for your audio the default should be settings, audio - dolby digital, narrow, variable, english, disabled. Now as for your hdtv audio you have to check the audio setting there as well... that might be affecting it. Every brand is a little different. Also if you have 3.1, 5.1, 7.1, or 9.1 stereo system attached you have to check the receiver settings and possibly recalibrate the system.  

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Yes, I did one recording and watched it when it finished. It was on channel 551 (HBO). After being good for about the first 35-40 minutes, it had the occasional audio drop out. It's all a moot point as I returned the box today. I'm very happy with my old 8300HD PVR, especially after living with the NB 3 for 3 months and never being happy with it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Pac_West227,  I am trying this right now and will let you know if this works for me! (By the way, my problems with PVR were same as many others:  scheduled recordings would not appear;  if recordings did appear, they might have the wrong show title, like the one of the preceding show, Box would freeze while in process of deleting old recordings, etc..)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks again for this solution!  Works great so far!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you're having major issues with a PVR a factory reset may be your only option. This will, of course, mean that you lose all your recordings and other settings like favourites.

For most issues, however, a simple reboot via the troubleshooting menu, or by unplugging the unit for a few seconds, will usually do the trick, while saving your recordings, favourites, scheduled recordings, etc.