Need phone number for Nokia CS-18 setup

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kblenheim
I've Been Here Awhile

Need phone number for Nokia CS-18 setup

I need to input the number that is dialed to connect to the internet using the Nokia CS-18 RocketStick.  Does anyone know what that is?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
skinorth
I'm an Advisor

Re: Need phone number for Nokia CS-18 setup

@kblenheim:

You ask for a number to be dialled to allow your Nokia CS-18 to connect to the Internet.  I would expect that your Nokia CS-18 would require only a SIM card to connect to the Internet.  I found documentation for it at this URL:

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/nam/phones/guides/Nokia_CS-18_QSG_en-US.pdf

No phone number is required as far as I can tell, as your Nokia CS-18 will be connecting to the cell network for data purposes only.  You cannot use it for cellular telephone functions. As a result, there is no telephone number needed for, nor associated with, this kind of device.

You may need a PIN which I think should be provided to you by Rogers when your purchase the Nokia CS-18.

skinorth

View solution in original post

All Replies
skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@kblenheim:

You ask for a number to be dialled to allow your Nokia CS-18 to connect to the Internet.  I would expect that your Nokia CS-18 would require only a SIM card to connect to the Internet.  I found documentation for it at this URL:

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/nam/phones/guides/Nokia_CS-18_QSG_en-US.pdf

No phone number is required as far as I can tell, as your Nokia CS-18 will be connecting to the cell network for data purposes only.  You cannot use it for cellular telephone functions. As a result, there is no telephone number needed for, nor associated with, this kind of device.

You may need a PIN which I think should be provided to you by Rogers when your purchase the Nokia CS-18.

skinorth

View solution in original post

davidmc36
I'm Here A Lot

Anytime I have set up a manual DUN connection for a stick or phone I use *99#

skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@davidmc36:

your Nokia CS-18 does not function like "Dial Up Networking (DUN)".  It will connect directly to the cellular network without dialing any numbers.  The PIN is required, I think, as a form of authentication.

If you have not already done so, I strongly urge you to check out the Nokia CS-18 Getting Started document, the link for which I mentioned in my previous posting.

skinorth