Need help with setting up voicemail on captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Need help with setting up voicemail on captivate

Hi All,

I searched the forums for an answer to this question but could not find any.

when I try to set up my voicemail on the captivate, by pressing the voicemail sign or long press on #1, it shows me a message "missing voicemail numnber, No voicemail number is stored on the SIM card".

I tried to go to call setting and enter the voicemail number manually but when I go to the setting, the area where I am supposed to enter the voicemail number is grayed out (not active), and I can not enter any numbers in.

any idea?

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Need help with setting up voicemail on captivate

Hi alichemeng,

The first thing I recommend is to remove and re-insert your battery, that should reprogram the number automatically.

If not, you can enter it manually by doing the following:

1. From the Home screen, touch Applications ➔ Settings ➔ Call settings ➔ Voicemail.
  2. Touch Voicemail.
  3. Touch the Voicemail number field, backspace to erase the digits, and enter a new voicemail number using the keypad, then touch OK.
  4. Touch OK.

*The voicemail number required can be obtained by contacting our technical support at 1866-931-3282, they can also walk you through the reprogramming steps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Having the same problem.  I'd like to be able to have my voicemail password in there with a few pauses.  Didn't realize how used to this I'd become on my BB until now.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi alichemeng,

The first thing I recommend is to remove and re-insert your battery, that should reprogram the number automatically.

If not, you can enter it manually by doing the following:

1. From the Home screen, touch Applications ➔ Settings ➔ Call settings ➔ Voicemail.
  2. Touch Voicemail.
  3. Touch the Voicemail number field, backspace to erase the digits, and enter a new voicemail number using the keypad, then touch OK.
  4. Touch OK.

*The voicemail number required can be obtained by contacting our technical support at 1866-931-3282, they can also walk you through the reprogramming steps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks RogersJean for your reply

This deos not work. I will quote again from my poste above:

"I tried to go to call setting and enter the voicemail number manually but when I go to the setting, the area where I am supposed to enter the voicemail number is grayed out (not active), and I can not enter any numbers in."

the place you said to enter the number in is greyd out. it is not an active text input field. it does not allow me to type anything in.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

I double checked on my device and no issues on Rogers 2.2.

Are you using Rogers software? Have you tried resetting your device?

You may have an app causing issues or some sort of corruption with the device software. You can always try a master reset (this will erase everything on the device):

1. From the Home screen, touch Applications ➔ Settings ➔ Privacy.
  2. Touch Factory data reset, enter your password, then select Yes to confirm. The phone resets to the factory default settings automatically and when finished displays the Home screen.

This last step should resolve the issue. Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can try 2 different things here.

Take your sim card, put it into another Rogers phone, and try to enter and save your voicemail number manually. If this fails, you can make sure its in a Rogers Branded phone, then call customer service, and they can provision the voicemail retreival number to your 1 key via a Re-Send to Switch. Note: if you are using a third party non-rogers phone, this does not always program itself properly, its not roger's fault, so I suggest try suggestion 1.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Great advice Pauly, thanks for the input!

alichemeng, don't hesitate to keep us updated.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

There's a workaround for this issue: 
- power down phone
- remove your sim
- start phone
- change your voicemail number (settings > call settings > voicemail)
- power down phone
- insert your sim, start your phone - that should be it.