Need Rogers LG Loop firmware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Need Rogers LG Loop firmware

Hey so my phone stopped working a while back, and in my attempt to fix it I flashed it with a different android 2.1(not rogers, not sure what it was). Anyway it turned out the problem was the memory card. I have replaced that.. but the problem is now I can't access the market.. or purchase single day internet access since it is not running the rogers version of the firmware. When I try and use the LG mobile updater software it just says that my phone is already up to date and it will not reflash it. I tried phoning rogers and LG and neither would help me with what is really a simple request. Anyone know where I can find the firmware for this phone? I don't care if it's Android 2.1 or 1.6, I just need it to be rogers.

I have wondered if I try and install a random 1.6 and THEN use the LG tool that it might give me rogers 2.1, but I am hesitant to try that as I am worried I might brick my phone. 

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Need Rogers LG Loop firmware

If you are just missing the store you DO NOT need to reflash your phone.

Those rogers specific features are installable from the store so you do not need a rogers image. Once you have the store working just search for rogers and you will find what you are looking for.

To get the store working download one of the files from here http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/15/download-latest-google-play-store-v3-8-15/ onto your phone.

Run the file after you download it (maybe from the status panel or by browsing to downloads with the my files app)

That should install the store back for you. I have a phone with a sprint rom and again from the android store you can install the rogers apps you need. And only the ones you need so what you have is probably better then the bloated rogers rom anyways.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is anyone able to help Leemer find 2.1 for his flashed LG Loop?

RogersDarrell

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Don't install firmware that isn't for your phone!! 

Anywho, it seems that LG used to have that firmware for download but has since taken down the files.

The build you are looking for is GT540R ARGSTS if that helps in your search.

Also try asking here, someone might have a copy of the firmware kicking around.

http://www.modaco.com/forum/446-lg-gt540-optimus-gt540modacocom/

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If you are just missing the store you DO NOT need to reflash your phone.

Those rogers specific features are installable from the store so you do not need a rogers image. Once you have the store working just search for rogers and you will find what you are looking for.

To get the store working download one of the files from here http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/15/download-latest-google-play-store-v3-8-15/ onto your phone.

Run the file after you download it (maybe from the status panel or by browsing to downloads with the my files app)

That should install the store back for you. I have a phone with a sprint rom and again from the android store you can install the rogers apps you need. And only the ones you need so what you have is probably better then the bloated rogers rom anyways.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Of course now that you've already flashed one ROM, why not go all in and upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwhich (4.0)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1812974