Need Help with DTA50 digital adapter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jstar02
I've Been Around

Need Help with DTA50 digital adapter

I've gone through all the instructions in the leaflet that came with my DTA50 and i'm getting quite frustrated that the only functions i've been able to make work are the power, volume and channel functions. I've got and emerson clc401em2f TV if that helps. 

So here's my issue, i've gone through the auto search function (Hold prog, 914, then hold power button until tv shuts off) but the remote still isn't allowing me to access the Closed Caption (CC) or MENU option on the remote. I'm not sure if it's just not compatitble with my TV or if i'm doing something wrong.

Im assuming the menu option allow you to change the source (switch between different HDMI ports and etc), if that is indeed the case any help would be appreciated!

On a different note, i understand why there's the forced switch or Digital but having to keep my original TV remote, Blu-Ray remote and etc is a hassle.  Is it possible to get a univerisal remote that will work with the DTA50 if it turns out that its remote simply is not compatible?  

Thanks ahead of time!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Need Help with DTA50 digital adapter

the cc button is not guarenteed to work, but you can always try a different code for your model tv and see if it works. other than that the menu is not supported. the menu button is for the cable box mode its not to control your tvs menu,

you might want to invest a whopping  $10 on a universal remote, which will control all your tvs features as well as change the cable box channels.  the universal remote will have to be programmed for scientific atlantic cable box and it should work just fine

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is the possibility, that the remote for it, is not 100% compatable with your remote.  I have run into that on 1-2 tv's or devices in the past.

Sometimes, buttons do not match up 100% from the rogers to your remote... so while there is a CC button on the rogers remote.. it is not connected properly to the CC on your remote.  (not sure if the TV's CC will work anymore with the new digital signal anways.. i could be wrong on this though).

Most of the time, to choose between sources (hdmi, video 1, etc) the VIDEO SOURCE button down by the bottom will map to your tv's input change button.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the cc button is not guarenteed to work, but you can always try a different code for your model tv and see if it works. other than that the menu is not supported. the menu button is for the cable box mode its not to control your tvs menu,

you might want to invest a whopping  $10 on a universal remote, which will control all your tvs features as well as change the cable box channels.  the universal remote will have to be programmed for scientific atlantic cable box and it should work just fine

View solution in original post