Need Digital Box or Not

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Need Digital Box or Not

Yeah violent, what cable package do u have? if u indeed have basic, then you only get up to 30. it would reflect on the DTA box your actual cable lineup your entitled to.   Please check the package and check back here

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Gdkitty wrote:

C) As pauly said.. EVERY form of TV pretty much needs a set top box of some form.  Fibe, Satalite, etc... rogers has actualy been the LAST ones with someone that didnt need it, till now.

So there is even less incentive to stay with Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

... or Bell, or Cogeco, or Shaw, or VideoTron or Eastlink, or Aurora or Compton, or Telus, or MTS AllStream.

Surprise, they ALL use STB.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Curmudgeon wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

C) As pauly said.. EVERY form of TV pretty much needs a set top box of some form.  Fibe, Satalite, etc... rogers has actualy been the LAST ones with someone that didnt need it, till now.

For someone who was using the extra connections to get basic TV on their other TV.. for free..
Then yes.. there is no more incentive that way to say with rogers over another... that they all use the STBs..

It comes down in the end.. to features.. to cost.. to availability, etc.

IE:  No Fibe TV where i live yet.. as i dont live in a downtown core (nor fibe internet).. so thats bell satalite.. which i droped prior, due to 6 months of them not being able to reslove a signal problem.

So.. even if i didnt already have a box for each tv.. Rogers is still the better solution for me.

I Plan to Stick Around

Violet, if you are only paying for basic cable, then you should actually only be getting 2-28.  The analog feed actually requires a physical filter on the line coming into your house to block out 29 and up which was either removed, or they forgot to put on there, which sometimes happens.  For the digital chanels, they can turn channels on or off from their computer, without having to go to your place.  If you are on a higher tier than basic cable, then there's either some mistake on their end or signal from the cable isn't strong enough.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a gym opening in Brampton and we are ordering Cardio equipment with built-in TVs. Does this mean that without a Digital Box we won't get any stations? If not is there any option out there that would still allow me to use this fuction?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a feeling you're screwed.  Even if you got a receiver for each one you probably won't be able to use the machine's TV interface and will have to use that wonderful tiny remote they give you instead.

I've Been Here Awhile

This isn't good! Is there any provider in the GTA that can send a singnal that can work with a standard converter?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

nope Smiley Sad

While they should work for you right now.. short term, till the final cutt off.. its not super long left.

In the GTA there are not many other cable based companies available, other satelite ones, but not cable that i know of.. and all of them are going the same way.

Sorry Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

What might end up happening (who knows if this will even work) is you have a netbox for the one cable feed, split the cables, one to each machine so they all have access but they all watch the same channel set by the one nox.