Need Another Tier Between Extreme Plus and Ultimate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Need Another Tier Between Extreme Plus and Ultimate

It seems to me that the monthly allowance differencebetween the two, 1tb as against 150gb is huge and I'm wondering why there isn't something in-between?  Do you think pleading on the phone might produce results?   The reason I ask is that I think their monthly limitations are ridiculously low to start with considering at every turn they are encouraging people to stream their media sources.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Need Another Tier Between Extreme Plus and Ultimate

@jimboden wrote:

pmcsplaza:

Good find. I looked at all the internet packages and it's not mentioned there at all. They just show speeds and download caps.

Let us know how it goes when you've discussed it with Rogers.

OK,  I decided to go ahead with it, and yes it was simply an additional $10/month + tax.  Now I have unlimited bandwidth.

Offer available for a limited time on our Ultimate Fibre, Ultimate, Extreme Plus, Extreme, and Express packages and is subject to change without notice. To verify or confirm if your Internet package is eligible for this offer, please contact us at 1 855 420-5575. Usage subject to Rogers Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

pmcsplaza:

I agree 100%. The 150GB limit on Extreme Plus is ridiculously low. I have that package and would like to do more streaming, especially from Netflix. I realize I can get unlimited as part of the package, but I think it's something like $30 a month extra, which puts the package well over $100 a month. Rogers is not competitive in this area. All you have to do is look at other providers with unlimited packages, most of which are much cheaper than those from Rogers.

Highlighted

Thanks Jim,

Strange I asked them the other day about that when I was doing my annual grovelling and scraping for the next year's discounts (!!) and they said it was no longer offered.

I must ask them again.  Although I agree, it really is extortion as they could probably provide everyone with unlimited at no effect to them I am sure.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

pmcsplaza:

I didn't realize unlimited is no longer available. I was going by past discussions on this forum, where there were posts about it. At the time, I believe there was a special offer for $10 extra per month, but it expired and people were posting that it was replaced by one at $30 per month.

Highlighted

Actually their web page still says it is so I'm going to tackle them again when I have a few minutes to spare.

Maybe I misunderstood what they said.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

Unlimited option us still available and can be added to any current Internet package either for $10 or $30 depending on the amount of services you have.

If you are a long time customer it should be fairly easy to negotiate a deal on your Internet for at least 2 years.
Highlighted

Thanks.  I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.    It better be $10 or else sparks will fly.  Robot surprised

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

pmcsplaza:

Good find. I looked at all the internet packages and it's not mentioned there at all. They just show speeds and download caps.

Let us know how it goes when you've discussed it with Rogers.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. unfortunately, the UNLIMITED addon, is not listed on the PLAN page.. where you think would be a PERFECT part for them to advertise it

(like under each plan, put a "Or UNLIMTED usage for only $10 more!*" sort of thing)

But its still available 🙂

Though, now that they have moved the 150 tier up to 250... they should then put a 150 tier package back.. at a price point inbetween extreeme plus and ultimate

Highlighted

@Gdkitty wrote:

Yeah.. unfortunately, the UNLIMITED addon, is not listed on the PLAN page.. where you think would be a PERFECT part for them to advertise it

(like under each plan, put a "Or UNLIMTED usage for only $10 more!*" sort of thing)

But its still available 🙂

Though, now that they have moved the 150 tier up to 250... they should then put a 150 tier package back.. at a price point inbetween extreeme plus and ultimate

It's listed under Promotions.  150 up to 250?   Extreme Plus is 150.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto