NO LTE in the middle of Toronto

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

NO LTE in the middle of Toronto

I live at Avenue Road and Lawrence inToronto. It is LTE enabled according to Rogers. But, I have NEVER seen LTE on my Iphone5.  3g is the best I get.  All setting are ok on the phone.

It worked in the store at Spadina and Dundas when I set up the service,  but has never worked in my kitchen.

Repeated calls get the usual responses, even an incredible one where somone suggested that the towers were not 360 degrees...imagine!  what are they? 180? 270?

Anyway, this is obviously a case of overselling a technology that was not ready for roll out to prevent customer defection.

It is annoying, and to say the least, irresponsible.

Why doesn't the company just tell the customer the truth instead of just obfuscating.  I'd hate to be a service rep.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NO LTE in the middle of Toronto

Rogers uses the higher frequency for lte, so it tends not to go as far, and permeates buildings, etc less 😞

So the map could be close to correct of full coverage between towers, etc, IF there was not a single building inbetween.

I am hoping that once they fully stop broadcasting the analog tv over the lower frequency, they move the lte down.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

1700/2100 & 2600 for max coverage areas which toronto is in, depending on your device you may be able to select which freq is used, if so select the lower ones, 700mhz is supported by north american devices as well but no one seems to be even using it.. (1 or 2 in the usa only use it i think)

that analog -> digital conversion happened years ago, surely the reason is something else (something dumb that is, like gov't saying no just cause).
I've Been Here Awhile

as far as I can see there's no selection of frequencies on LTE for IPHONE5

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You usually don't get to choose, the carrier lock the phone to the specific one that they use.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

sorry thought you were on android, try winnipeg, where a huge chunk of the southwest is completely dead of lte & rogers thinks im hilusinating or something..