NHL Gamecenter not working for XBOX One after update on September 27th 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

NHL Gamecenter not working for XBOX One after update on September 27th 2016

Ever since Tuesday September 27th I can no longer view games on my Xbox One because the app no longer works after an update.  It keeps telling my login credentials are no good and if I skip past that if gives me a network error.  There is nothing wrong with my network as the NHL Gamecenter app is the only app that is not working.  And there is nothing wrong with my credentials because I can log into my computer, my laptop, my phone, and my Xbox 360 to watch the game.  Right now this seems to be eerily similar to last February.

I called you guys and was told that NHLTV was aware of the issue and were working on it, but provided no time table as to when it would be fixed.  I contacted NHLTV support via twitter and they told me to contact you.  I didn't pay to watch this on my computer or laptop or phone.  And the quality isn't nearly as good on my Xbox 360 as it is on the Xbox One.  I want to know if this will or if it is ever going to be fixed. 

And I find it to be deplorable customer service from both Rogers and NHLTV as no one seems to want to take responsibility to fix the issue.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NHL Gamecenter not working for XBOX One after update on September 27th 2016

In case anyone is having the same problem...Here is how I fixed mine.

After multiple uninstalls and re-installs, I went into the app, but did not login.  I went through the team selection and selected my favourite team and then went to the game day schedule.  Selected the game I wanted to watch and it worked.

Same fix as last February.

Maybe Rogers could pass along to MLBAM to actually test this stuff out on the various platforms before releasing updates.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @stone169

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Are you able to use the app all other device? Is it just your XBOX One that you have the issue with?

Have you tried re-installing the app?

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems to only be the Xbox One.  I have uninstalled and it and re-installed it now about 10 times.  And judging from the reviews of the app itself, I'm not the only one who is having issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

In case anyone is having the same problem...Here is how I fixed mine.

After multiple uninstalls and re-installs, I went into the app, but did not login.  I went through the team selection and selected my favourite team and then went to the game day schedule.  Selected the game I wanted to watch and it worked.

Same fix as last February.

Maybe Rogers could pass along to MLBAM to actually test this stuff out on the various platforms before releasing updates.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just in case anyone else is reading this, I am having the same issue. I contacted support and we went through all the same things I had already tried on my own:

1 - Reset and changed my password even though my credentials worked on other platforms (PC, Android, iOS).

2 - Check for Xbox One system update.

3 - Check for NHL.TV app update.

4 - Uninstall then reinstall NHL.TV app.

I did let them know that there were app reviews in the Xbox store with multiple reports of this happening which suggests it's not a USER issue. Eventually support just said they could not reproduce the issue, almost as though they were trying to brush it off. I said I'd be as patient as waiting for the regular season to start, hoping that they will fix at the server end or update the app with a fix.

I'd also like to know why the post above me is a "solution"? How is not logging in a solution? Yes it will allow me to watch games but does that not suggest a bigger problem, where anyone on Xbox one could technically download the app and watch even without a subscription? It is a workaround at best and hopefully very temporary.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You're right.  It's not a solution.  It's a work around that I did back in February when the NHL switched their streaming over to MLBAM and created NHL.TV.   The only reasoning that I could come up with was that MLBAM opened up the streaming until they actually fixed the issue.

People seem to think that this is a Rogers problem.  It's not.  It's not a Microsoft problem either as I have heard that this issue is also affecting PS4 users as well.

The problem lies with MLBAM.  They push out updates without ever really testing them and then they let everyone else deal with the fallout.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yeah, same issue as the above. Can log in to gamecentre live and watch NHL on my tablet or my laptop, but not the XBox One. "The account name or password was incorrect. Please verify login credentials and try again.". I verified it, still no go. I uninstalled an reinstalled, still no go. Rogers, you really really need to deal with this, or at least stop claiming your product works on XBox One.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an xbox one also. Same thing also, NHL app isnt working, I get login credentials do not match, and the it goes to a data not available error, similar to a network error. This is inexcusable service on behalf of Rogers , NHL Gamecenter.  The NHL app does not even let you use your username and password to login. You only get the email and password option.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone try my fix?  I'm just wondering if it's worked for anyone else or if I'm just special.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried it out. Works for me! I want to specify, I hope you didn't take my response as an attack on your solution, it was frustration directed at Rogers/MLBAM. I'm grateful that you shared what worked at your end and in the mean time I'm glad I can use my Xbox One to stream 🙂 I really hope they resolve this by opening night though.