cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL Center Ice now?

TrevorLC
I've Been Around

Anyword on what it's going to cost?

I tried phoning and all they said was Center ice comes with the sports pack and that the price is 36.31 per month. I know they have tons of other sports on this package. But I am not really into these other sports.

Is Rogers doing anything for the fans of just the NHL or what is going on?

***Edited labels***

68 REPLIES 68

Re: NHL Center Ice now?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello TrevorLC This has been talked about before on here. Rogers does NOT have this channel by it self. You will need to get the sports package with it. This is something that upsets many customers that love hockey BUT as always, Rogers does not care. Funny they co own Toronto Maple Leafs and yet they can not just let us get that one channel..

JM75
I've Been Here Awhile

What is said above is not true.  There has always been a price for NHL Centre Ice by itself (200 dollars ish), I've never has to get the sports pack as well.  But you have to buy it in a lump sum payment for the whole season.  My hope is that they do that for the shortened season as well and it's cheaper... but I haven't called in to figure it out for this season yet.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JM75

Even if that is true what you are saying. I rather pay $200 on something more usefull then to Rogers for NHL center ice. I doubt anyone would pay that much either per month or whatever it is.

It should be a smaller fee tho. Remember, Rogers wants money.

remnat
I'm Here A Lot
I tried getting Centre ice on its own twice this week, no dice. They said I have to get the sports pack, which is $36 /month. In know bell is offering a good deal, $50 for CI, which includes the whole regular season. So say I pay $36 from February to April that's more than twice as much as the bell offer, assuming that we also get a free preview in january, same as Bell. If anyone somehow gets CI on its own please let us know, maybe we have to go through retention, otherwise I'm just going with Gamecentre, it looks like it's $50 this year.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello remnat

They only allow you to get CI on the sports package. Its rare for someone to just get it by it self.

remnat
I'm Here A Lot
I was hoping with much cheaper options elsewhere this year due to the shortened season, they might give us some kind of deal, doesn't look like it.

JM75
I've Been Here Awhile

Last 3 years I've paid the 200 dollars or whatever it is for the full season on Rogers and not had to get the sports pack.  They may be doing it differently this year because of the shortened season, but based on previous years you should be able to get it by itself.  I'll let you know when I talk to them.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JM75

While yes you are able to get the channel it self without the pack, its hard tho as many have tried and got denied. They want us to get the pack instead.

I really hope the cost is low this year as the session is a small one.

JM75
I've Been Here Awhile

Outside of the sports pack, It should be the NHL regulating the prices for NHL centre ice, which is probably why rogers doesn't want you to do it that way...

It *should* be consistent across networks, so I hope for the 50 dollars that was mentioned for BELL will be the same on rogers, eventually.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

This season notwithstanding, I always found it was a much better deal to subscribe to the Super Sports Pak at 30 odd dollars per month, keep it for 7 months and then cancel. For only a few dollars more, I got all of the other sports I would not have received had I only subscribed to Centre Ice.  

Rob_K
I'm Here A Lot

Yup I just tried an hour ago. 

They told me 219 for the full season and 151 for the 1/2 a season.

I told them other companies are selling center ice for 50.

They put me on hold.........

Came back and said I needed to get the Super Sports pack for 32.90 a month.

I just want Center Ice for $50.00 and the promotion code for GameCenter Live so I can watch the games while I'm on the road.

C'mon Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Rob_K

Yea that is because Rogers wants to make money so they charge their customers more for anything. The Center Ice should not cost more then $100 max in my opinion for the full session and $50 for half. That is how is should be priced.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

The NHL through inDemand is charging $50 for Centre Ice this year. Roger's main competition is charging the same price. The fact that Rogers is still trying to milk every penny they can out of their customers is totally disgusting!

Mats_44
I've Been Here Awhile

I have called both Bell and Shaw companies and they are both offering NHL Center Ice for $50 for the entire 2013 season.

I called Rogers and asked them how much for NHL Center Ice and they said $200.  I said that is the regular price for a full season of hockey so are you not offering a pro-rated or discounted rate to reflect the shortened season?  He says no.  I said are you aware that your competitors are offering it for $50?  He says yes.  Unreal.

But instead he offers me the Super Sports Pack for $35 a month for hockey, football, baseball and basketball.   Which is normally a great deal.

But in this case I am paying $140 wheras competitors customers are paying $50 and I am getting nothing extra out of it for my extra $90 other than basketball which I do not care about at all.  Both football and baseball seasons are over so where is the value??  I am paying more than double and getting NOTHING out of it.

NOT IMPRESSED

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Mats_44

The sports pack is a good deal for $35 BUT not everyone wants those other sports. All they want is Hockey. Rogers will charge $200 because they think its right & they want get every single penny from us anyway they can. The reps can not do much as they are told not to offer what Bell & Shaw & others are.

We want the channel for less. IF Rogers does not see this, then maybe its time we all leave? Other cable providers offer way more for less & have better channels & prices. You will have other say " Prices are all the same & such". Rogers charges more for less. I know this as i have Bell & Rogers in the same house for cable.

I for one will never pay $200 for a session if other cable providers are offering $50 for it. Maybe its time Rogers does something nice & offer it to us for less. Not getting my hopes up tho.

Rob_K
I'm Here A Lot

Hmmm...wonder what will happen if I speak to customer retention and tell them I am switching to Bell for this.  Gonna try that tonight.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Rob_K

I tried that over 20 times with Managers and reps at retentions. No dice. They did not care and didn't even offer me anything good. Waste of my time anyways.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

This was posted on the Digital Home page today! 

For what it's worth, a Rogers CSR told me there will be a big announcement on Centre Ice pricing tomorrow (Thur Jan 17) and I should call in then. He was cryptic about it all, but added that you won't have to pay to watch NHL hockey until the end of Feb. After that, it'll be going for a song, he said. Again, for what it's worth.

Might want to see if there is anything new with Rogers tomorrow!

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=146448&page=3

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Great news!. The thing that got to me is why only watch free hockey on CI until the end of Feb? :/. We are in the middle of January & the session will end march / April at best. Another way from Rogers to get customer to believe them.. The session is only half, they should be nice & offer the remaining half for free as a good will to the customers that had to go threw all this.

Why not give us the channel for free this session because of what is going on..

EDIT- My 7,000 post was this one.

It should be the NHL/Player, PAYING rogers, so everyone can get the channel for free 😛

EDIT:
Holy freholies that alot of posts meowmix 😛