NB3 Absoulute GARBAGE!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

NB3 Absoulute GARBAGE!

During the play of the year with all my friends here the box freezes up and then reboots. This is the third box I have had. What a joke! Does it all the time here now. Two techs were here checking everything out inside and outside said signal is perfect.

***Edited labels***

Steve
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: NB3 Absoulute GARBAGE!

Hello remaxman

Hmm i think Rogers or the Nextbox hates you from all the problems you have hadSmiley Sad.

Joking aside, it seems that the nextboxes you have had, are having all issues randomly. I have not have any issues at all with mine. I am not saying i am lucky but the box i have, is fine.

When this reboot happens, does it say its downloading anything?

No it just comes back up then there are a ton of channels that say service not availble

Steve
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello remaxman

This reminds me of my old Nextbox 2.0.This exact same thing used to happen at least once a week on that box. On my NextBox 3.0box, that has stopped.

Hmm i wonder what is causing this issue.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, either a string of bad boxes.. or something else causing it.

Since i have had mine, i havent even had a single random reboot etc. Not durring regular viewing, nor playback, etc (and usualy playback 3-4 hours of stuff a night)
I have over 50 hours of recordings (archinving alot of stuff for my son Smiley Tongue.. i think i have every episode of Stella and Sam now ), with and extender on it.

EDIT: Thinking more on it.. signals, etc are good.  One thing i wonder.. maybe might be, the boxes might be prone to being sensitive to light power fluxuations? (and i dont necessarily mean full drops, even just less voltage, etc)

Thinking on my setup, where i dont have an issue... i have mine into a UPS.. so it would filter out those fluxuations, getting consistant power from the battery.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Try to exchange your box in a different store. Could be a defective batch. I never had any single problem with by Nextbox 3, so had many other users posting here. That means the hardware and software of the new Nextbox have great potential.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now that i said that.. had my first issue just now Smiley Tongue

Continued recording (3 things at once), but playback wasnt working.

Reboot fixed it tho.

We have had 4 reboots since Friday night. 2 on thier own. 1 while my wife was going reverse on a movie and one while I was playing a recording. Freezes...then reboots....no download.

Steve
I'm Here A Lot

It's typical.  We're dealing with the most archaic and antiquated hardware/software with no real choice.  It's sad because there are components out there, especially when paired with a PC, that will make you wonder why the Canadian consumer hasn't had the option made available to them yet. 

It absolutely brings my blood to a boil.

**edited for content**

I Plan to Stick Around

The only "random" reboots I've experienced with my NB3.0 is when pausing live tv. Maybe 3 or 4 times, when pausing live TV, the screen goes black for a bit, stops responding for ~20 seconds, and reboots.