cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Strangely my living room box does not do this and I tested the cable in the bedroom and basic cable is working.  As of an update yesterday the bedroom NB3 froze and started displaying Cd00.   So I changed the box.

Rebooted innumerable times and always ends up at that Cd00.    This is a new box which I swapped out today at Rogers Store so obviously the problem isn't the box, but what is it?

It reboots normally, perhaps taking a little longer than the other box but completes it.  The clock shows for about a minute then Bingo...Cd00.   On the TV the usual red line loading is showing, it completes...and nothing.   I can't switch the box on or off or do anything except unplug it once more.

I've spoken at length with Rogers and they seem to think it's a network error but I got the distinct impression that they actually don't know what that code means.

Ideas anyone?   I'm out of them and I really don't want to have Rogers visit if I can help it.   Because they always expect me to move furniture out of the way and then find the problem is at their end not mine.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***Edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
86 REPLIES 86

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

With the new CEO.. hopefully maybe we may see MORE of these with at least major outages (smaller ones would have to try and deal with on case by case bassis).

I believe there is little, if any, hope a new CEO will impact day to day operations of Rogers. CEO's delegate responsibility. That's why there are department heads and managers.

CEO's concentrate on the Bottom Line, report to shareholders and implement OVERALL business direction.

Unless there's a broad sweeping out of the Old guard at Rogers and an adoption of new customer friendly thinking then things are unlikely to change given Rogers track record.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Sticktron1
I've Been Here Awhile
Cd00 is not an error code. It indicates that firmware is downloading and is currently at 0% progress.

As the firmware downloads the display will change to Cd10, Cd50, CdXX where XX is the download progress percentage.

Hogwash:

Your point is well taken, but the new guy has an impressive track record of improving customer service, so that's at least a good sign. As with anyone coming into a new job, he'll have his work cut out for him. I would not expect to see anything miraculous happening anytime soon, though.

pac_west227
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just got the NB3 today.. this morning. Had a huge issue initializing the box. Same issues as everyone else has mentioned. Mine went to CD00 to CD99. Then goes back to CD00 to CD99 and so on for like 30 min. A big pain!! Then called Rogers tech. They said it IS a software/networking issue and are "working" on it. Appears the networking issue started about 2-days ago when boxes werent initializing properly or getting downloading and looping errors. They opened a ticket and said engineering will send a force boot or hard boot thru the signalling. After 2 times the box finally set itself up and initialized properly. Another error you will get for new NB3 users... after initializing and you turn the tv on you may get a black screen - no picture. If this happens you have to call tech to send an engineering/network ticket to resolve the issue. Apparently they force a certain firmware update to resolve this black screen error. I just unplugged the box and plugged back in just now and let it reboot itself. Now when I turn on the tv the home channel does appear as normal. Hmmmm... Robbers NEVER beta test their hardware or software. If they did 99.5% of peeps wouldnt have these ridiculous issues! Point blank. Sigh...

Netbox 3.0 in upstairs bedroom showed Cd00 on the display a few days ago with no apparent reason. Tried to reboot but still received same display. Replaced the box today and am still getting this issue. 

I have the same box downstairs and  have no issues whatsoever.

Anyone have the same problem and know of a fix?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If BOTH boxes are getting the same thing.. thats usually a part where it gets stuck durring a DOWNLOAD cycle of an update.

That BOTH boxes did the same thing... LIKELY means, that the signal to that room, is an issue (but not to the other room).

Could just be, part of a splitter has gone bad, wire, etc.

If you get a technician to come out, they can check signal levels at each jack, etc and see where the issue might be.

graphicguy
I've Been Here Awhile
This is normal - just walk away or watch if you have nothing to do - it's an update procedure that takes time 🙂

berpeti
I've Been Around
I have the same code already more than 24 hours. I don't think it's normal.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Unplug and re plug the box, may force it to re start the download.

cmcpct
I've Been Around

I didn't have a problem at 140am this morning, but I did at 0800...

I would say it's a fairly new problem...

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When i was up at 7, my box had the same.

They ARE pushing out a new firmware update..  May be having an issue.

My box was WORKING. would turn on.. but a few channels showing as unavailable.

Left it as is.. will see how it is when i get home tonight... if its still that way, will try a reboot.

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

I woke up this morning and had CD00 on my Nextbox 3. I rebooted it, it booted did CD00-99 and then rebooted again. Time came back on, then it did a DNLD and rebooted again, since then it's been fine for the rest of the day.

I also noticed it recorded nothing yesterday at all, despite the fact the time was on the box yesterday. Today it recorded everything as planned.

Not sure what caused the issue for nothing to record yesterday at all, but I'm not happy about it at all. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Still had the message when i got home.

Did a reboot.. its still there.

Watched and recordes stuff just fine though.

Will reboot again tomorrow morning if its still there.

Code was still there this morning.

Did another reboot.. then started the CD01-99.  Another reboot, and is fine now.

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor
I've had "Cd00" on my NB3 for the last 3 days. Rebooted 3 times and it hadn't moved or gone away. I guess I'll need to call in...

Hello Community Users

Firmware updates were pushed on March 26th, March 31st and April 1st which resulted in some boxes displaying the CDXX code.

If this message is stuck on your box, please unplug the coax cable (white wire) and the power wire for approximately 3 minutes then plug the cables back in.

If your box is still displaying the messages after these steps, feel free to post below as we will need to book a service call to have the issue resolved. We can have our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you to process the request.

RogersAsif

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the exact same problem with the Code 00. I was told that it is my line and had to have a tech sent out. I don't want a tech in my home. Now I must wait for his convenience to show up. For a problem on their end? Wonderful. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck out there.

Ottawa2
I've Been Here Awhile
Same problem here.

Hello @Ottawa2,

Welcome to the Community! 

Have @pubby2 and yourself tried rebooting your boxes (Unplug power cord and plug back in after 10 seconds)? Please let us know if it's resolved or you are still having this problem. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

It has been reset and rebooted about 8 times. Still no go.

Ottawa2
I've Been Here Awhile
Fixed. After much waiting
Topic Stats