cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Strangely my living room box does not do this and I tested the cable in the bedroom and basic cable is working.  As of an update yesterday the bedroom NB3 froze and started displaying Cd00.   So I changed the box.

Rebooted innumerable times and always ends up at that Cd00.    This is a new box which I swapped out today at Rogers Store so obviously the problem isn't the box, but what is it?

It reboots normally, perhaps taking a little longer than the other box but completes it.  The clock shows for about a minute then Bingo...Cd00.   On the TV the usual red line loading is showing, it completes...and nothing.   I can't switch the box on or off or do anything except unplug it once more.

I've spoken at length with Rogers and they seem to think it's a network error but I got the distinct impression that they actually don't know what that code means.

Ideas anyone?   I'm out of them and I really don't want to have Rogers visit if I can help it.   Because they always expect me to move furniture out of the way and then find the problem is at their end not mine.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***Edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
86 REPLIES 86

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi all, try rebooting your NB3s from the service menu instead of pulling the power cord.  I have two NB3s.  One of them always gets updates normally without any issues and without me having to reboot it.  The other NB3 is always problematic.  Whenever I reboot it by unplugging the power cord, it never works, even if I do it multiple times.  However, if I reboot it from the service menu, it resolves the issue on the first attempt almost every time.  I have no idea why since either way of rebooting the box should accomplish exactly the same thing.

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so very much.

I rebooted from the menu and not only did this  fix my clock problem, but it also finished downloading the  new upgrade.

I am so pleased I do not have to phone support for help now.

Again sincere thanks.

To reboot from the menu; Go to Settings / Troubleshooting / Diagnostics / Reboot the box

Edited:

Info regarding "cdxx":

Cd00 is not an error code. It indicates that firmware is downloading and is currently at 0% progress.

As the firmware downloads, the display will change to Cd10, Cd50, CdXX where XX is the download progress percentage.

View solution in original post

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

How can you reboot from the service menu? None of the buttons do anything??

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anything work with this bunch?

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

About 20 times to no avail.

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello @Ottawa2,

Welcome to the Community! 

Have @pubby2 and yourself tried rebooting your boxes (Unplug power cord and plug back in after 10 seconds)? Please let us know if it's resolved or you are still having this problem. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam