cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Strangely my living room box does not do this and I tested the cable in the bedroom and basic cable is working.  As of an update yesterday the bedroom NB3 froze and started displaying Cd00.   So I changed the box.

Rebooted innumerable times and always ends up at that Cd00.    This is a new box which I swapped out today at Rogers Store so obviously the problem isn't the box, but what is it?

It reboots normally, perhaps taking a little longer than the other box but completes it.  The clock shows for about a minute then Bingo...Cd00.   On the TV the usual red line loading is showing, it completes...and nothing.   I can't switch the box on or off or do anything except unplug it once more.

I've spoken at length with Rogers and they seem to think it's a network error but I got the distinct impression that they actually don't know what that code means.

Ideas anyone?   I'm out of them and I really don't want to have Rogers visit if I can help it.   Because they always expect me to move furniture out of the way and then find the problem is at their end not mine.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***Edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
86 REPLIES 86

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pubby2 wrote:

I have the exact same problem with the Code 00. I was told that it is my line and had to have a tech sent out. I don't want a tech in my home. Now I must wait for his convenience to show up. For a problem on their end? Wonderful. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck out there.

The problem is, with an error like this, it can often be signal related.
The signal may generally be good enough to watch TV, etc... but something bigger like this download, a bad signal can cause it to not download properly.

Thats why they want to send out a tech, to be able to check the signal levels, and hopefully FIX/IMPROVE it so it would complete.

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around

my pvr is now displaying "CdOO" instead of the time. Any idea how to fix so only the current time is dispalyed?

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your response. 

However do I understand correctly that I will have to get a Rogers tech to come to my apartment to sort it out?

In such a case, who would pay for the call out?

Is the device working otherwise? 

Its likely that its stuck trying to download stuff, the new guide likely.

It may be signal related, that its not communicating properly with the box there.

Try un plugging, leaving it for a bit, and restarting.. see if it forces it to re-start.

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around

I have unplugged for a while and restarted but no success.

Everything else seems to be working although I am unable to actually notice any changes.

Ottawa2
I've Been Here Awhile
I had to unplug 5 times before it finally took. And it took a while.

@alanjohn1 wrote:

I have unplugged for a while and restarted but no success.

Everything else seems to be working although I am unable to actually notice any changes.

You are still on the older guide then?

I would either then

A) get a tech out to check the signal to see if it will then complete.

B) try moving the box to a different outlet, see if it will complete there.

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your help.

As I am still on the old guide i will call Rogers to send a tech.

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi all, try rebooting your NB3s from the service menu instead of pulling the power cord.  I have two NB3s.  One of them always gets updates normally without any issues and without me having to reboot it.  The other NB3 is always problematic.  Whenever I reboot it by unplugging the power cord, it never works, even if I do it multiple times.  However, if I reboot it from the service menu, it resolves the issue on the first attempt almost every time.  I have no idea why since either way of rebooting the box should accomplish exactly the same thing.

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so very much.

I rebooted from the menu and not only did this  fix my clock problem, but it also finished downloading the  new upgrade.

I am so pleased I do not have to phone support for help now.

Again sincere thanks.

To reboot from the menu; Go to Settings / Troubleshooting / Diagnostics / Reboot the box

Edited:

Info regarding "cdxx":

Cd00 is not an error code. It indicates that firmware is downloading and is currently at 0% progress.

As the firmware downloads, the display will change to Cd10, Cd50, CdXX where XX is the download progress percentage.

View solution in original post

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

How can you reboot from the service menu? None of the buttons do anything??

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anything work with this bunch?

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

About 20 times to no avail.

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello @Ottawa2,

Welcome to the Community! 

Have @pubby2 and yourself tried rebooting your boxes (Unplug power cord and plug back in after 10 seconds)? Please let us know if it's resolved or you are still having this problem. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

i started with cd00 but it is randomly scrolliing through cd01...cd10...cd40

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around

Go to Settings, click troubleshooting, click diagnostics, and then click reboot box.

Do not worry if it takes a long time to reboot.

pubby2
I Plan to Stick Around

@alanjohn1 wrote:

Go to Settings, click troubleshooting, click diagnostics, and then click reboot box.

Do not worry if it takes a long time to reboot.

The buttons on the remote do nothing. I pushed all of them. Nada.

alanjohn1
I Plan to Stick Around
Not sure why.
Guess you will have to get a Rogers tech in or else try calling them.
Hope you get it sorted out.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You are getting no display, along with the error code on the front?

The box will not turn on? (even via the power on the front?)

If you have tried the reboot.. your BEST bet is to plug it in elsewhere.. likely the signal at that spot is not cutting it for getting the download.
Try another outlet in the house if you can. (closer to where it comes in if possible).   Or even, go to right where it comes in and try it there if you can (pretty much right after it comes into the hosue), to get the strongest signal.. and see if it gets past being able to download it.

@alanjohn1 and @Gdkitty, thanks for your help :).

@pubby2, The instructions provided in the previous posts are correct to reboot your box from the menu. If reboots are not resolving the original issue you posted, we will need to run a test on your cable line and arrange for a technician visit. It can either be a signal issue or your box may be faulty. Please PM @CommunityHelps when you are online and I can certainly assist you with this. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

skhemraj66
I've Been Here Awhile

My NexBox 3.0 HD PVR is displaying "CD00" error and did not get the new Navigatr update like the other boxes in my house. It looks like the update was starting on Wednesday night but did not complete. Box works fine but the new guide did not load. Still working with the old guide. 

My next box is displaying code Cd00 -tried reboot.. What's the fix for this?