NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Yeah, the only rebate they have given really so far lately was just for the wireless one.. as it was the only GLOBAL really one.

With the new CEO.. hopefully maybe we may see MORE of these with at least major outages (smaller ones would have to try and deal with on case by case bassis).

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

@Gdkitty wrote:

With the new CEO.. hopefully maybe we may see MORE of these with at least major outages (smaller ones would have to try and deal with on case by case bassis).

I believe there is little, if any, hope a new CEO will impact day to day operations of Rogers. CEO's delegate responsibility. That's why there are department heads and managers.

CEO's concentrate on the Bottom Line, report to shareholders and implement OVERALL business direction.

Unless there's a broad sweeping out of the Old guard at Rogers and an adoption of new customer friendly thinking then things are unlikely to change given Rogers track record.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cd00 is not an error code. It indicates that firmware is downloading and is currently at 0% progress.

As the firmware downloads the display will change to Cd10, Cd50, CdXX where XX is the download progress percentage.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hogwash:

Your point is well taken, but the new guy has an impressive track record of improving customer service, so that's at least a good sign. As with anyone coming into a new job, he'll have his work cut out for him. I would not expect to see anything miraculous happening anytime soon, though.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just got the NB3 today.. this morning. Had a huge issue initializing the box. Same issues as everyone else has mentioned. Mine went to CD00 to CD99. Then goes back to CD00 to CD99 and so on for like 30 min. A big pain!! Then called Rogers tech. They said it IS a software/networking issue and are "working" on it. Appears the networking issue started about 2-days ago when boxes werent initializing properly or getting downloading and looping errors. They opened a ticket and said engineering will send a force boot or hard boot thru the signalling. After 2 times the box finally set itself up and initialized properly. Another error you will get for new NB3 users... after initializing and you turn the tv on you may get a black screen - no picture. If this happens you have to call tech to send an engineering/network ticket to resolve the issue. Apparently they force a certain firmware update to resolve this black screen error. I just unplugged the box and plugged back in just now and let it reboot itself. Now when I turn on the tv the home channel does appear as normal. Hmmmm... Robbers NEVER beta test their hardware or software. If they did 99.5% of peeps wouldnt have these ridiculous issues! Point blank. Sigh...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Netbox 3.0 in upstairs bedroom showed Cd00 on the display a few days ago with no apparent reason. Tried to reboot but still received same display. Replaced the box today and am still getting this issue. 

I have the same box downstairs and  have no issues whatsoever.

Anyone have the same problem and know of a fix?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If BOTH boxes are getting the same thing.. thats usually a part where it gets stuck durring a DOWNLOAD cycle of an update.

That BOTH boxes did the same thing... LIKELY means, that the signal to that room, is an issue (but not to the other room).

Could just be, part of a splitter has gone bad, wire, etc.

If you get a technician to come out, they can check signal levels at each jack, etc and see where the issue might be.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is normal - just walk away or watch if you have nothing to do - it's an update procedure that takes time 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the same code already more than 24 hours. I don't think it's normal.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unplug and re plug the box, may force it to re start the download.