@LouB With Navigatr, my 8642HD's 'Settings -> TV Type' setting always defaults to "4:3 SDTV" after the box is rebooted, but it seems to have no negative effect on the actual displayed picture/picture quality.
Are you saying yours is displaying at 4:3 even on HD channels, all the time?!
And a reboot hasn't fixed it?
Yesterday (Fri Aug 21st) in Post #512 of the 'New Nextbox Nagivator' thread, member 'krap' posted that:
- his NB3 was wiped clear of recordings some time that same day
- the NB3 appeared to function properly afterwards
- a Rogers CSR authorized a PVR swap at the local Rogers store because it was likely to lose its recordings again in the future
- he was told "a lot of people" had similarly come in to that store that day to replace their boxes - indicating it wasn't an isolated incident.
- "apparently" there was an update to Navigatr that caused it and "some machines did not take"
In a follow-up post, krap clarified that this happened in Mississauga.
The CSR's alleged explanation is alarming and were it not for the supporting anecdote that the store had handled a lot of exchanges that day, a reader such as myself might be inclined to dismiss krap's drive wiping story as an isolated incident due to something like a corrupt
krap's already exchanged the NB3 for another -- but if there's someone else out there whose NB3 (or NB2) was "wiped" on Friday 21st, and you're still using it - can you please check what Navigatr software version and build date that PVR currently has?
- while watching tv, on the remote control (set to CBL), press [EXIT] for 4-5 seconds until a small icon on the front panel of the PVR starts flashing, then press [DOWN][DOWN]
- on the diagnostic page that opens, look at the 3rd line from the top of the screen and report back the Firmware Version, Date (mine, not updated since July 28th reports: "18.104.22.168 Tue Jun 16 2015, 11:20:30 PM GMT")
- press [EXIT] to exit the Diagnostics screens.
@billmcintyre @VBDubGirl -- the method I gave requires fewer buton presses start to finish and provides additional info - the Firmwate Date. It's also quicker to access (6 secs vs 9 secs according to my timer) due to not having to wait for multiple menus to load.
Diagnostics: [EXIT, held][DOWN][DOWN] then [EXIT] to return to what you were watching
Settings: [SETTINGS][UP][OK][DOWN] then [EXIT][EXIT] to "" "".
spoke with someone at rogers recently who indicated my next box 2 which I own is out of warranty so they cannot replace it, are they nuts the box is fine they uploaded the faulty software that disabled it - not me - sabotage !!
anyway issues still abound and no better than when I left for 10 days vacation recently
now a full month of essentially bad cable tv - and no resolution in sight - I do not not think we should pay for this
From you earlier msgs, it looks like your problems started a month ago with your programs got wiped
as part of the JULY 28 Navikrap launch.
Rogers persons, you know the right thing to do.
Please PM @robinwood so you can advise good Sir Robin on how to get his replacement box.
I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved.
Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check your messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.