NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Nope sorry both of my owned Cisco Explorer 8642HD boxes still won't record giving a "duplicate recording" message....complete fail on your end!
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@RogersStrick wrote:

Hi community,

Many of you saw the article in the Star this weekend about challenges with the rollout of the new Navigatr guide and unfortunately were left with the impression Rogers is blaming customers for the loss of PVR recordings. We apologize for the confusion because we know very well it was our human error. What we told the Star was that it was not an error in the coding of the guide itself, but a human error in our deployment of it that led to challenges for some customers with older set top boxes. It was our human error that caused those boxes to lose their saved shows, for example, and we are sorry this happened.

When our customers started to let us know about the issue we paused the rollout to make sure we could identify what had happened. We have now identified the error and fixed our process so that we can successfully continue the rollout of Navigatr in the coming weeks.

Thank you for being patient as we continue to focus our efforts on improving your TV experience.

RogersStrick

@RogersStrick Hopefully this apology was/will be in the Star as a stand-alone correction and in Ellen's next column, so that the other 99.9% of us in the GTA and beyond can read it.  A half-page Rogers ad would be nice too. preferably with a side-by-side comparison of the old vs new PVR guide.

I wonder what you mean by "successfully" ?  While you may soon find a way to prevent wiping out hard drives, the new guide is not considered to be a success from the people that matter, Rogers' soon-to-be-former customers. 

If Rogers truly wants to improve our TV experience, we beg you to put back the old guide while Rogers addresses the myriad of basic design faults and problems with Navikrap.  

Or better yet, combine the best of the old guide (and there are many esp the PVR mgmt)  with the new (the real-time banner & guide are OK, but PVR related stuff is terrible).

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@trybe  I don't know if this will help in your case , since I have 9865's.

Immediately after the Navigatr install, I had a similar problem.  The first scheduled recording for a couple of series was dropped from the schedule (on both machines).  When I tried to set up the series again, I got the "duplicate recording" message.  This is because it still had a register of the future recordings, and they were the duplicates.  I rescheduled the first recording as a single recording, and then the future recordings appeared the next week.

The other possibility is to try to delete all scheduled recordings and then reschedule the series.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately I cannot see any list of recordings and even if I pick a new show it won't record that either whether I recorded as an individual show or a series.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hi @trybe

If they are rented, take em back to the Rogers store.

Get a couple NB3s  and put them on the 3 yr $17/mo plan if you intend to stay w Rogers.

Plus they should offer a few discounts and freebees to keep you happy.

OOps - I see they are owned.. After you get em working, you may want to consider selling them.

IMHO- NB2s are even worse the the new software that tries to run on them.

You should get a PM from one of Rogers emplyees here.

Ask them how to do a factory reset.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just can't believe that they have the nerve to try to convince us that this new Navigatr is better than the older version. I have an Explorer 8642HD. It erased all my recorded shows + all the scheduled recordings. There no longer is a list available to see what has been recorded + also no list to see what has been scheduled to record. When I open a box to see what I have recorded or scheduled to record in a series the font is so small that I have to stand on top of the TV to read it.

I have yet to see anything that is an improvement but the list of the negatives has no end in sight. If I did something like this on my job I'd be on the street the very next day. But as we all very well know, the powers to be in Rogers could care less what we, the people who pay their wages, think about them.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@WhyDidYouDoThis wrote:

I just can't believe that they have the nerve to try to convince us that this new Navigatr is better than the older version.

Considering the Orwellian double speak about Navigatr I'm surprised they haven't yet told us it's doubleplusgood.

Seriously though, claiming this is an improvement is surely false & misleading advertising.

Has anyone complained to the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services ?

I'm Here A Lot

How long should the update take on a NextBox3. The status was DNLD when I left for work this morning and it still says that status. Just tried a reboot and its stuck on channel 05. Thoughts?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hard reboot. Take power out & wait 30 seconds.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I had this happen last week. When I called support, the voice message said that as a routine procedure, they were re-authorizing my boxes. By the time I got through to a CSR, the update was complete. I suggest you try re-authorizing the boxes, either through the web site or by phoning in and see if that helps. Power off/on made no difference.