NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Hello @waynev,

@neilpalmer400 is correct. The older SA8300 has the SARA Guide and is not Navigatr compatible.

Can you confirm you perhaps do not have a failed hard drive? Are you able to set and view new recordings?

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@waynev wrote:
Well I'm another victim of this botched software "upgrade". I own an olderPVR (8300HD) and lost perhaps 50 hours of recorded programming - about 85% of a 1 TB hard drive. Most of this was older programming long longer accessible elsewhere. I'm so . . This is the last straw for me.

Well, that really is strange. This Navigatr firmware update did not go to the SARA PVRs, only the Nextboxes. I've seen nothing messed up on my 8300HD. More likely you've had a hard drive problem.

However, I did see something strange last night. I decided to record the political debate on City TV from 8:00 to 10:00. About 15 minutes in, I tried watching the recording, but it wouldn't play. I got this strange error screen (wish I'd taken a picture of it now). I went to watching it live for a bit and got some freezing and hesitation when I tried to rewind. After a few minutes I got so disgusted and bored with the debate I stopped and erased the recording and shut the TV off. No problem with other recordings later in the evening.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, I stand corrected. I have a 8642HD. My bad...

Still lost all my recordings though.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@waynev, that is very disturbing! Where are you located? Is it in the first area where Navigatr was deployed? I believe Rogers pushed another update there with a supposed fix. From what I can see in my diagnostics, the last boot was June 24/2015, probably from a power interruption. I don't know if this is where to look, but on Page 3 it says "FLASH: DVR1.9.0_8300_MR.HR_F.p.5001" and on Page 14 it says "Global Cfg: Mon Mar 18 2013, 3:03:43 AM EDT (0x5146BC4F)"

Do you have any Nextbox PVRs as well as the 8300?  One would think that Rogers would only push updates to the boxes that can use them, but, as we found out, they do make human errors.

[Edit:  Okay, you don't have an 8300. That's a relief.]

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an explorer 8642 HD Cisco. It wiped all my recordings. It canceled all my scheduled recordings. And now I can't even record anything else. It keeps saying duplicate recording. It is doing updates in the middle of the day at random times.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I thought the roll out of Navigatr had been suspended???
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Can't have too much of a good thing. The Rogers Techs in India must be laughing their heads off over all the customer frustration...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers offer of a $15 or $25 credit for erasing all of our recorded programs is a joke.   This doesn't even COME CLOSE to the value of the programs many of us have been archiving FOR YEARS.  There are programs we've been saving that we CAN NEVER GET BACK.  Programs that can't be found anywhere else.

Rogers - you STOLE those programs from us with a stupid, ill conceived, buggy stupid laughingly named 'upgrade' that is stunningly poorly designed.

Why?  Rogers - why do you keep creating an interface that seems to be designed by absolute morons who seem to have NEVER USED A PVR IN THEIR REAL LIVES?

The design choices in the new Navicrap interaface are shockingly stupid.  I didn't believe that Rogers could MAKE THINGS WORSE - in the same way they did when they introduced the NB2 (8642).

I can't believe that the management is SO STUPID as to take away MORE FUNCTIONALITY from a very buggy and unreliable PVR - after they took away about 15 features I liked and relied upon with the change from SARA (SA 8300) to NB2, NB3.  Many of you may have forgotten about SARA, but it did many things that the RTN interface does NOT do.

And this all makes me start to wonder:  is Rogers INTENTIONALLY crippling the PVR in order to coerce us into watching more live TV, and more On Demand programming - because doing so earns more money for them?

Remember, Rogers owns many TV stations, and other revenue streams, and they have had to negotiate deals with TV show creators who do NOT want us skipping commercials - because that is how they earn their money - so it almost seems that Rogers is conspiring with other TV station owners and content providers to cripple the PVR so that we cannot get into the habit of skipping commercials, and archiving our favorite shows. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I talked to someone at Rogers about the Aug 11th update. That is just when they are going to continue rolling out Navigatr to everyone else. Supposedly a fix for the initial screw-up has been rolled out and all you have to do is do a factory reboot. Only problem is that it doesn't seem to work with my PVR. It looks like Rogers didn't thoroughly test the initial release and they didn't thoroughly test the fix. 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@DaveH1 wrote:

I talked to someone at Rogers about the Aug 11th update. That is just when they are going to continue rolling out Navigatr to everyone else. Supposedly a fix for the initial screw-up has been rolled out and all you have to do is do a factory reboot. Only problem is that it doesn't seem to work with my PVR. It looks like Rogers didn't thoroughly test the initial release and they didn't thoroughly test the fix. 

HI

-  Can you elaborate?

- What does it do, now  ?

- Is it a NB2 or NB3 ?

- Did it wipe-out your recordings at least ?