N8 won't reply Text to MTS numbers.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

N8 won't reply Text to MTS numbers.

My Nokia N8 is not replying text messages to MTS numbers. I can create a new message and send it without problems, but if I reply a message the other person will not get that text. It only happens when I reply to MTS numbers. I phoned Nokia customer support but they are useless, then I phoned Rogers but nobody knew how to resolve the problem. Is anybody else having this issue and any idea how to solve it?

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: N8 won't reply Text to MTS numbers.

Total shot in the dark:

When replying do you need to add a "1" to the front of the message? Even though it's not long distance maybe the digit is required by MTS and the N8 just isn't adding it?

Retired Moderator RogersShehzad
Retired Moderator

Hello Dancif,

Were you able to get this issue resolved?

I Plan to Stick Around

thx...I tried that but won't make any difference....thx.

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Hi Dancif,

If this happens specifically with MTS SMS replies (as opposed to new SMS messages) I am more inclined to put the blame on the device itself.

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery?

Do you have any other Rogers device you can test your sim card in? This will let us know if the issue is coming from the device or network.

If the issue is coming from the device itself I recommend performing a master reset:

Dial *#7780#

This does not affect documents or files stored on your device. After restoring the original settings, the device switches off, and then on again. This may take longer than usual.

Keep us updated!