cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account"

matteopelosi
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi everyone!

I'm travelling to Canada soon and so activated a Rogers PAYG SIM.

I have finally found the right plans for me as well as the most convenient rates for calling home with the help of a very kind user of this comunity. But... bad news now..

Now that I wanted to activate a plan, when I log into MyRogers I get this error back: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later".

Not to mention I've contacted E-Care several times via Live Chat, just one guy was kind, the others immediately attacked me saying that I must had a problem with my internet connection etc. But then with a little bit of patience (...a LOT), I managed to make them look into my account and they all got the same error even from their "perfect" PCs...

I've been told by the guy that he had "escalated the issue for you, should be resolved in 48-72 Business hours, I tried removing and re adding the account, but that made no difference.". Unfortunately is still not working... 

Now my issue is that I can't manage any of my SIMs (change plan, top up, etc.), and doing that via the call centre would take ages and cost a lot of money being out of Canada. Plus I've seen many other posts about this same problem and users were complaining that their account was unavailable for months...

I ask you guys now, has anyone ever had this problem? How long did it take to have it solved? 

I've now made them open for me another ticket but I'm not 100% confident it will solve the problem... how could it ever be different from the previous one? If there's anyone around from Rogers or not that has any suggestion please write me.

I have to tell you guys I'm pretty frustrated, I've been a costumer for a little more than a week, MyRogers works for 1/2 days and then... stops working.. ..for more than a week now ..whaat?! Seeing other complaints as well as my personal experience it seems to me that MyRogers is totally unreliable.. I was recently dealing with Central Africa and got a local SIM card: less than a fraction of the price and everything worked fine.. just saying.

I hope that everything will work properly when I'll be in Canada... I'm interested to read your experience!

As always, thanks all, if you can help in any way I'd be very grateful,

Have a great day,

Matteo

PS: Yeah, I did changed browser, cleared cookies, tried another internet connection, etc.

***edited labels***

86 REPLIES 86

Re: MyRogers: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account"

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Further to my post on Friday...

MyRogers for wireless customers is back up and running. Cable customers can continue to use the MyRogers app for their needs. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Existing customers can check the status of their reservation here: http://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ReserveDevice&sourceNRS=NRS_MS and new customers can check the status of their reservation here: http://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

I will continue to update the blog post so please stay tuned.  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/210

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor
No, Margaret, cable customers cannot use the MyRogers app for their needs. I want to view and print my bills, and use the TV scheduler. The app only allows me to see Wireless bill, not cable and Internet. If this problem persists and Rogers charges me interest because of unpaid bills I will NOT be paying those charges.

RogersMargaret
Hi lensman,

Please reach out to the team on Twitter (@rogershelps) or on Facebook (facebook.com/rogers). They will be able to assist.

Aablyth
I Plan to Stick Around

margaret, im not sure what you taliking about , its not working!! its been down for about 3 days now, is this a game? you guys at rogers  saying something is up an runig when its not.

Checked My Rogers this morning and still only getting Wireless account information. Tried the mobile app on my iPhone and get Wireless and Internet info, including usage. The only thing on the mobile app that's not working is TV because, when I select it, it switches to the Safari browser and logs me into My Rogers, then I just see Wireless.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

That is correct. I have PayGo and normally can see my calls history, but now all I get is "Unable to retrieve your Plans/Add-ons details".

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

BHH
I Plan to Stick Around
Now Sept. 21st and still not working. It has been 5 days for me. What the heck is going on!!! When will this be fixed. Unacceptable.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

Tried it this morning and got the message "Unfortunately, we can't display your cable account details right now, but it won't be long before we sort it out. If you like, you can manage your wireless account while you wait. Thank you for your patience".

There's no mention of Iinternet in that message and I can only see Wireless, which has been like this for several days now. I can still see my Internet usage on my iPhone, though.

Also, my account shows an outstanding balance which I paid a couple of days ago, so it looks like they're behind on that as well.

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

Still can't see ANYTHING.

And I know people who can only see wireless.  What is GOING ON?  I've had this issue since Wednesday around noon, eastern time.

nibzz
I've Been Here Awhile

For the past three days whenever I try to look at my internet usage I get a really long error message. This is how it starts, and it just goes on and on..

com.bea.portlet.adapter.scopedcontent.ActionLookupFailedException: javax.servlet.ServletException at com.bea.portlet.adapter.scopedcontent.ScopedContentCommonSupport.executeAction(ScopedContentCommonSupport.java:699) at com.bea.portlet.adapter.scopedcontent.ScopedContentCommonSupport.renderInternal(ScopedContentCommonSupport.java:268) at com.bea.portlet.adapter.scopedcontent.PageFlowStubImpl.render(PageFlowStubImpl.java:136) at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.content.NetuiContent.preRender(NetuiContent.java:288) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$6.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:427) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:708) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursivePreRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:720) at

I had this problem about 2 weeks ago for 1 day and it went away. Now its back again, after three days you'd think it would be fixed but here I am still trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The myrogers has been down/not working properly for the better part of a week.

Check out the recent threads in this forum for more info on it.

nibzz
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks 🙂

steve2001
I've Been Here Awhile

How long does it take to fix the website. It has been days since I have been able to check my usage, or see any of my info online. I have a feeling we are going to hear a story soon about how there was a breach and all our info was acessed by hackers. FIX THE PROBLEM, THIS IS CRAZY for your site to be down for days.

It appears the bill portion is working now.. but not much else.

If you need to view your usage.. there is a sort of back door way.

https://www.rogers.com/web/myrogers/internetUsageBeta

Should show your internet usage.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Unfortunately, the bill portion only works if you have a wireless account with Rogers. If, like me, you only have TV and Internet, all you get is the following message: Unable to retrieve your account information, please try again later. No bill - no nothing! And please do not tell me about a stupid app - I do not use them! Yet Rogers seems you should still pay your bill on time! This is one colossal messed up site from Rogers! No amount of apologizing is acceptable! Either fix it or offer your customers a credit for lost service!

As i have wireless.. that is likely then why mine is showing.  Thank you for that info.

App is a viable option, for those who wish to use it.

They are not likely to credit anything, as there are still ways to be able to pay the bill (even outside of the app).
They may not be the most convienient as compared to the site, but there are other ways to pay it.

JohhnyRockets
As I mentioned, the app is not a viable option to those customers who do not have a smart phone or a wireless account with Rogers. I fully realize that Rogers is not likely to offer a credit for poor performance of service. I also realize there are many ways to pay your bill - I pay mine manually through on-line banking. That is not my point - my point is accessing my bill. I subscribe to on-line billing but Rogers has taken that function away from me. I should not have to call and wait 40 minutes on the phone to have someone tell me how much I owe. If Rogers cannot allow me access to my bill on-line, the least they can do is mail it to me and not charge me for it. It would also be nice to have Rogers actually admit that they have messed up big-time with this one and for others to actually acknowledge it too!

I have heard that currently you can call in and request a paper bill for no charge right now.

(not sure, havent asked myself)

JohhnyRockets
Wonderful - another 40 minutes wasted on the phone to request a bill that we should be able to do on-line in seconds! Thank you Rogers!

jays77
Have you tried clicking on the Rogers logo on the upper left corner of this page. Then, scroll to the bottom and click on the support button. Scroll down to where it says "View or Pay your Bill"

I just checked and it shows my bill (balance owing) and billing history.

Everything appears to be back to normal this morning. I can see all my services on My Rogers.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats