MyAccount app and Pay-As-You-Go

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

MyAccount app and Pay-As-You-Go

#1 - When will the MyAccount app support Pay-As-You-Go accounts?

At the moment it doesn't work at all and there is no easy way to check how much data I have left.

This is very, very inconvenient.

Would be less inconvenient if Rogers were to support DataSense on Windows Phone (I have the HTC 8x).

#2 - When will Rogers support DataSense on Windows Phone?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: MyAccount app and Pay-As-You-Go

Hello SomeOtherGuy

1). You will need to contact Rogers PayGo and have them send out that info to the back end team to see what they can do / when t developers will release It I they do. No one on here can give you the exact info f this. All the mods in here can do is forward the info and that's all. It's up to the high ends behind the scenes to do the work.

2). Data sense worked for my 920 when I had it. I sold it tho. Mind u I had to pull some tricks to make sure work. When I get home tomorrow i will see if i can find it. At th moment like I said before, Rogers has not given any info on when Data sense will work for Rogers officially. It's up to the developers to make it happen.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

Thanks for your reply. 

As for contacting "PayGo", I seems there aren't any *humans* working there : the support line doesn't provide the option to talk to an actual human... Smiley Frustrated

From a consumer standpoint, it doesn't make any sense that I can't track my data usage straight from my phone, be it PayGo or not, and it's ludicrous that I should be the one to tell the PayGo team to send data to another Rogers team : these  are internal Rogers considerations and nothing I should have knowledge of or telling them how to do...

As for DataSense, there are (apparently) complicated issues with shared plans and what not, but allowing just a simple, very basic data usage tracking should be trivial : the feature is *IN* the phone, Rogers just need to "allow" it... (why MS decided to implement DataSense this way is baffling to every WP8 user...)

If you find out how you had enabled DataSense on your 920, I would like to hear about it! Hope I can apply the same to my 8x.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive on the payasyougo line.. just mash 0 and it should take you to a live person eventualy.

I Plan to Stick Around

GDkitty, you are correct: after mashing the 0 a dozen times I was placed on hold, for a mere 10 minutes mind you, and I did get to talk to an actual *HUMAN*!!!

However, that human was totally clueless as to how to get my current & remaining data usage. She just repeated the mindless drivel I have been given so far "just go to my rogers under the data tab" YA BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!!! ~sigh~

She recommended I check into a Rogers store.

For the sake of completeness and due process, I will do the exercise of watching a hapless clerk trying to ween the info out of my cell, after which I may be granted access to a level 2 support... ? 

Here are some screenshots of the web site & MyAccount app : 

http://sdrv.ms/17n19p4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 2nd image is the one from the website?

IT just doesnt look like anything i currently have... but i am also on a monthly plan, not pay as you go.. so they maybe just updated that part of the page, for monthly people.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Gdkitty, 

Yes, the second picture is a clipped screenshot of the MyRogers web page. To get to it, in the "Overview" tab, there is a "Pay As You Go Wireless" box, in which there is a Voice/Data/Messaging button bar. When I click that "Data" button and the "Load Usage" link it shows, then a new "Data" button again I get the message as shown in the second screenshot...

The first screenshot is from the MyAccount application in the smartphone.

It's just ridiculous this information is not available for the "Pay As You Go" customers.

And obviously the information exists somewhere, as they bill me for it and I can get it through an automated phone service, but it's long and tedious and gobbles minutes to do so.

No luv for PayGo... 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, its different for monthly then.. there is just a link on your wirless section, brings you to a page with your data, voice, etc all on one page, where each of the headers expands, etc... rather than the tabs like that.

Wish i could be more help.