MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

Hello LittleBird

if you have an app installed on the iphone called ONAVO you will need to completely remove it in settings and general and remove the file and properties. once you have done this also remove it from itunes. then reboot your phone and reinstall the app. make sure you are on the 3g network when you reinstall it. launch it and this should give you the information on your minutes data and text messaging.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

That solutions definitely works, but curious anyone know WHY Onavo and MyAccount app is in conflict.  My guess is because Rogers doesn't want users using an app that reduces about of data they consume and there is therefore some technical block in place that thwarts user authentication w/ MyAcct app.  Or is it something else entirely?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Restoring the phone to factory settings seems to be an extreme solution, no? Why would one simple app cause me to lose all those settings and customization? I just don't get it. I've been trying to resolve this for awhile and not one person at rogers has a simple solution. Frustrating as **bleep**. yet another reason this company is hated by so many. Surely Rogers could have a simple fix for this by now without having to disrupt my entire phone set-up. I've read far too many complaints about this on here. What is up with this company? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am on the 6G plan but it worked fine for a month until a week ago. I changed nothing. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its quite possibly something on your phone that has corrupted it though.

Myself and my wife, are ble to get into the app just fine (just tested).

So it could be an issue with the app on the phone, that is preventing it (something else installed, corrupt data, etc). 

Have you tried removing the app fully, from both the phone, and itunes, etc.. that there is no cached data, and re installing it?
Doing a factory reset on the phone, while extreeme, guarantees there will be no old data, as well as nothing else on the phone to interfear.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

This is simple. No app is causing this. I would suggest you do more research as thousands are having this issue with barely any apps on their phones. I read some reviews on how customers just downloaded the My Rogers app & never worked.

Simple Rogers does not have a proper developer to do anything.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

It IS and app causing the problem. That app is Onavo, as previously mentioned in this post. Not to say that its Onavo's fault, more like a compatibility problem between the two (Rogers My Account and Onavo) apps.

Removing the Onavo app by itself isn't enough, you must also remove the Onavo profile in settings/general/profiles (on an iphone 4 with IOS 5.1.1)

Thanks to the user who posted this earlier!

NOTE: Hey Rogers...why not inform your customers about this?!?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Scottydp

I did what you guys are saying yet its still causing this issue. Also its doing it on Blackberry, Android, Windows and IOS. I doubt Onavo is in all those OS's. I could be wrong but looking at my Android and Blackberry apps and nothing indicates its causing it by that app as the app is not on the phone.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: MyAccount App is working and i fugured it out!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH IT WORKS AGAIN!!!!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Changed my plan and the app doesn't work for me anymore, tech support is useless wasted hours on this