MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

I am having severe problems with the myaccount app! I can't access my account, and it has caused a bug on my extreme text signature service....which I can no longer edit or turn off... I only get white screens and error msgs when I try to fix it. No one at tech support has been able to help me.

My phone is only a few days old, I don't have any funny apps or programs on my iphone 4s. I've reset my phone to factory settings, uninstalled the app, deleted the app, even put my sim card in another phone....and nothing fixs the problem. I think someone needs to fix the app itself! Does anyone have an answer???

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

@shaunamicheals wrote:

I am having severe problems with the myaccount app! I can't access my account, and it has caused a bug on my extreme text signature service....which I can no longer edit or turn off... I only get white screens and error msgs when I try to fix it. No one at tech support has been able to help me.

My phone is only a few days old, I don't have any funny apps or programs on my iphone 4s. I've reset my phone to factory settings, uninstalled the app, deleted the app, even put my sim card in another phone....and nothing fixs the problem. I think someone needs to fix the app itself! Does anyone have an answer???

The only answer is .... they know about the bug. Tech support has no idea when the problem will be corrected since they are not the one working on it. The problem is with the system by itself and not just the app (i also can't see my data plan online not just the myaccount app).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly this has been going on ever since the app came out. I & others have had the same problem from the start.

I just logged into mine & it says " Details Not Available. We are unable to provide the information you have requested. Our records indicate that there were changes made to your account during the billing cycle. These changes will be reflected in your next billing cycle"

Its been saying that for the past 7 months for me 😕 I have not changed my plan within 9 months ago & just Oct 14th i got my iPhone 4S & did a upgrade. That should not have affected it anyways. I really doubt it will get fixed.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same problem. Trying to buy a voice travel pack and can't do it !!   Rogers is doing a lousy job communicating on this issue.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

As with many others, I have had the similiar problem. I have discussed this with tech support, customer support, and a technical person at vice president's office and have heard so many explanations that I can't even remember them all.

Most humorous:

I am sorry sir, you can't use that app if you don't have a data plan - although I had been using it from day one without data and I am now using it still without data and we have been able to do that on 4 phones without data.

Oh you can't use that without data, so you can't access extreme messaging to managing blocking of spam. May I suggest you get a data plan.

So, here is my solution. It is a bit awkward, but here goes. For some reason, when the app loses access, for example due to change in an account, I have found that the permissions for the app have been changed, reason unknown, and noone in tech can explain it (but of course it is because I don't have a data plan - get a data plan). I go into the app from the applications in tools, then change up all the permissions. Don't worry if they are correct or not, when you run the app, it will ask permission to set them properly. The phone will reboot and low and behold, it now works. No data plan and it works fine. From my perspective, it is just a very badly written application that is very buggy. I had been successful a number of times with uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but this approach is easier, since I don't have a data plan, I can only download when I have wi-fi access.

So, conclusion, from my perspective, the app is changing permissions when it won't authenticate, or you have made a change on the account. No idea why it would do that. And the other conclusion is that too many people in support, customer service, and tech really have no idea how their applications and products work and once they make up their minds on something, they won't back off, won't listen anymore and become the proverbial broken record. Very frustrating. Basic customer service attitude I have experienced, "the customer is always wrong and Rogers' staff are always right."

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

No,no MY Account has not worked in months! And has not been updated scene early 2010. I've called and complained, I've posted numerous times about this, I've even spoken to live chat about it.

I've tried everything, and everyone says they have nothing to do with the app but they will "make a not about it"... I'm sure...

Rogers, please fix this app! update and maintain it! Otherwise delete it, stop telling people to use it and go back to the drawing board.

Just do something!

And I'll prove my case, go to the iTunes app store and look at the 989+ people that have rated it 1 star because it doesn't work!

Listen to your customers for once, read the 100+ reviews of this app...

Ffs, Thanks,

Jeff.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: MyAccount App is working and i fugured it out!!!!!

hello everyone,

i just figured out how to get the rogers my account app working.  if you have an app installed on the iphone called ONAVO you will need to completely remove it in settings and general and remove the file and properties.  once you have done this also remove it from itunes.  then reboot your phone and reinstall the app.  make sure you are on the 3g network when you reinstall it.  launch it and this should give you the information on your minutes data and text messaging.  the reason that this app is stopping it from working is because it reroutes the information to ONAVOS server and therefore does not launch the rogers my account app even though you are on the 3g network.  i hope this helps everyone.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my rogers app hasnt been working for the past 2 weeks and all im being told is to wait a couple of days and call back rogers. I kind of sucks because before this I was so happy with my app:( I AGREE ROGERS DOES SUCK ! its clear they dont care seeing as how the problem hasnt been fixed and no one has been updated !

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

THANK U SOOO MUCH U FIXED IT ! U R THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD ! 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How did you fix it???