MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

I've tried customer support, tech support, iphone-specific support, and livechat with zero success.

I started using the MyAccount app shortly after it was launched, and it worked beautifully. Loved it.  But a few weeks ago, it stopped working.  Always get the can't authenticate message, which advises turning WiFi off, and to try again.  I know it doesn't work in WiFi so I always turn WiFi off if trying from home.  Regardless of where I am & on 3G, it continues to not load my acct balance, usage, etc.

I've deleted app, re-installed, still no luck.

Anyone have this issue?  Solutions?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

I've had the same problem for months now.  I finally discovered how to fix it (on my iphone at least).  If you have a proxy profile setup on your iphone (eg, Ovano), Rogers will not be able to authenticate your account because you're not connected through their server.

Once I removed Ovano and deleted the profile, I was able to log into My Account app again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: MyAccount App hasn't worked in WEEKS! Will not authenticate ... anyone else have this problem

I have the exact same problem. Very frustrating

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Mine is working, so it's not a system wide issue...

I would try resetting the network settings on the iPhone.. Seems to fix a bunch of different connectivity issues..

The app is nice but would be better if we signed into the app (once not each time) and be able to use it on wifi and 3g etc...
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for responding, but no that didn't work .Robot Sad

agent via @rogershelps suggest i wait until new bill cycle starts, saying account changes can cause issues sometimes accessing MyAcct app (?!?!) ... Made zero sense to me since I've not been able to use app for weeks on end, but acct change to cell phone was less than 2wks ago.    Still I waited, then deleted app from phone.  Reset network settings, re-installed app, and launched it.  No change.  Still can't authenticate me.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Try to do a restore of the phone but don't restore from backup. This will give you a clean factory style phone. The install the app and see if it works. If it doesn't you can know it's an rogers issue with your account and not the phone..  Then you can restore from a backup.

If it does work, just sync your phone to install any apps and then you will have to re-setup your email, contacts, calendar etc.. (this should be pretty easy if you use google for these things, may be more work if you don't...)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok ...i'll give it a go. THanks again for being so keen to help. MUCH appreciated.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

No problem, I hope it works out for you!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've had the same problem for months now.  I finally discovered how to fix it (on my iphone at least).  If you have a proxy profile setup on your iphone (eg, Ovano), Rogers will not be able to authenticate your account because you're not connected through their server.

Once I removed Ovano and deleted the profile, I was able to log into My Account app again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Dude, you are a SUPERSTARR!!!  Don't know if you work for Rogers or not, but yours was the first piece of technical advice that illustrated understanding of the problem, and oh yeah .. WORKED!!!  Thanks man.  Once I deleted Onavo -- an app i love btw -- then deleted the Onavo profile from Settings > General, the My Acct app worked right away.

I've talked, chatted, and tweeted with so many different people at Rogers, and nothing has worked.  Last bit of advice was to do a restore of my iPhone.  I struggled with how that made any sense -- restoring full phone to factory settings, resetting all my data to day 1 basically -- was a sensible to solution to a single solitary app problem.  I was also told that it was an issue to do with me having made a change to my account (i.e. monthly service plan), and that when the new bill cycle starts, all would be resolved.  WTF!!! This gem was offered despite me saying repeatedly that the issue preceded the acct change by weeks if not months.  Unsurpringly nothing changed when new bill cycle started.

Again, thank you.  Since I posted this a while ago, you clearly would have taken some time to dig through old questions and then took time to answer mine.  Thanks again.

A.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i changed my plan last month and during that month my rogers app would show usage information and said will be changed and back to normal next billing cycle and well it is the next billing cycyle and nothings happened my bill for this month isnt showing and ive called customer service twice and they "cant" help me or dont know what they are talking about and dont make any sense..