My isp is not letting me play a game

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My isp is not letting me play a game

I have been experiencing problems where i cant connect to a game the game is called World Of Warcraft it is made by Blizzard and i have had multiple live support chats with them and they all say that i need to show my isp my traceroute so i decided i would try and get help by posting about it. (By the way this is not my internet it is my parents but we are willing to cooperate to get this game too work)

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: My isp is not letting me play a game

My son plays WOW without any connection issues.  What happens when you start the game and where does it appear to hang up?  Do the updates run and install?

I'm Here A Lot

Well everything works fine but the program the game runs off (Battle.net) disconnects me when i try to spawn into the game if you want i can private message you what the Blizzard support said and my trace route i was supposed to show.

I'm Here A Lot

To answer your questions it wokrs fine untill my character actually joins into the game thats when everything around me freezes then it tells me that i have been disconnected from battle.net

I'm Here A Lot

Please someone help Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you playing via wired or wireless, and what modem do you have?

I'm Here A Lot

I am playing via wireless, I dont know what kind of modem it is if you can tell me how i could figure this out ill gladly let you know.

I'm Here A Lot

Oh and by the way it stopped working a day after i bought it, I bought the game downloaded it and played for one day then when i tried to start it up the next morning thats when it had stopped working.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, running a traceroute down to 63.240.161.189 as you did, I didn't get the first time out that you have.  I did end up with the same time out at 12.122.251.18 which happens to be an AT&T address.  So it doesn't appear to be a Rogers issue from what I can see.  Is that the Battlenet server address?

My personal opinion, which might be wrong is that you would be better off gaming via wired connection.  Maybe other WOW players can voice their opinion about that one. 

For the modem itself, yours should be one of the three as seen on the following links:

The Cisco DPC3825:

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/modem_DPC3825.html

Or, the rogers branded modems as shown on the following page.  I'm not sure what they call the second modem.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/modems

I'm Here A Lot

I have the second modem on the rogers page that looks flat. When i contacted blizzard support they told me its not my fault or their fault its the way that the data is getting sent between me and them or something like that.