My frustration is about to blow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My frustration is about to blow

I am so fed up with the constant pixelation and audio breakup on my TV. I've called and they just want to send another technician who won't do anything. It's too difficult to have yet another technician now because we're dealing with an illness in the house. And besides, all of the technicians have confirmed that the problem is not inside, it's outside. It's obvious that the cabling in the Greenwood-Danforth area of Toronto is on its last legs. When I dealt with the Office of the President earlier this year, we did have a great tech named Larry. He let us know that the cabling needs to be replaced. He can see where the animals have chewed through. And I guess, at this time of year, with so many squirrels and raccoons, it's worse than ever. He did his best last February to replace what he could, and it was fine for a while, but for the past month it just keeps getting worse and worse. I don't really want to go to Fibe, but I'm beginning to think that I have no choice.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: My frustration is about to blow

I feel for you Smiley Sad

Getting street work done takes forever. Even if escalated, can take MONTHS or more to resolve.

Had that here, 3-4 streets with an issue. Eventually got fixed, but we are talking mid may to sept.
(And all other providers up here are WORSE, and no fibe, so I didn't have other choices.)

Seems you have done your due diligence and escalating stuff.

Totaly would understand if you did leave. Hopefully the other providers done have issues in that area.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

We had similar issues and tech after tech after tech came to our house. They replaced our outside cable. They replaced our box. They checked our signal (no issues here). The outside cable was replaced with a temporary cable because the tech did not have the proper cable in his truck at the time. (Why bother going to a customer's home without the proper cable?) They said they would come back to replace the cable and then bury it properly. Six months later, I called and they had no record of this at all. So then someone had to come and check to see the cable. Then someone else comes out and buries the cable without replacing it. Talk about a bunch of incompetents!!

After the first series of techs came out, they told us someone would monitor our situation. We received a phone call from him and were told that the problem was identified as a street problem (underground) and major work would be done. A year later, when nothing had been done, I raise the issue again. Guess what? Rogers had no record of this either. Smiley Sad Said they would have to start the process all over again!  Again, all I can say is what an incompetent bunch of fools!

News today that Verizon is looking to enter the Canadian market and that the price of Rogers stock took a steep drop was welcome news indeed. If we could only get Verizon to enter the TV and Internet market, perhaps Rogers would finally wake up and realize that they have customers - customers who deserve service and not the shoddy disservice currently being provided by Rogers!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We had some issues with the burial as well. Problem is the burial is contracted out to 3rd party.
Regular techs don't have burry grade cable normally, as they don't do the burials.

In our case burry company took down the temp Rogers line and just re connected the orig bad one. And billed rogers for a bury! Due to observance on my part, caught it. They sent out a tech manager and a manger from the bury company out and found I was correct.
How many times does the 3rd party company do things like my or your scenario?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

With respect to the cable, my complaint is twofold. First, the original tech that replaced our cable going into the house did not even have the proper cable when he made the call. Does it not seem logical to stock a truck with the proper cable?  Second, when I called Rogers to see when this cable would be replaced, they had no record of the work ever being done in the first place. Both of these actions are deplorable and inexcusable. Then to top it off, they buried the cable that never should have been used. Did I say twofold? Make that threefold!!! Smiley Mad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

thats what i was trying to explain.

The rogers techs, the ones that come into your house, etc.. while they do the temp lines, etc.. they are NOT normaly the ones that do the burrial.. its outsourced.
So yes, makes sence they are not carrying the cable that will be burried.  The burrial company is to come, and install the proper stuff.  They put up a temp line only.. usualy an indoor/outdoor cable which will handle short term, but not good for burrial.

That the WRONG stuff was burried, etc.. was much like my scenario, where the burrial company, was lazy, and just burried what was there.

They seriously need to re-analyse who they use, or not outsource it

The them not having record? yeah, thats all on rogers though.  Had that too.. my original burry order.. was never entered Smiley Tongue luckily my temp line held out.

I'm Here A Lot

I know they sub out a lot of the technical services. If they're going to do that, they need to ensure that the companies they use are trained properly to represent them. When I did escalate my issues earlier this year, the guy from the President's Office was great. He did everything right, including telling me that they would send one of the best Rogers -- not a sub -- techs. You shouldn't have to complain to the president to get that kind of service. Tht's just not how you keep customers.

And they know that the cabling infrastructure is old and unreliable, so how can they continue to charge such high fees. It drives me crazy that I have to pay so much for a second-rate service.

That said, today was the first day in about a month where I didn't have any pixelation issues. Weird.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They need to charge the fees, to prove the MORE and MORE that we are asking for, and to TRY and replace some of that infrastructure Smiley Sad

(thats one reason that i would never get a DSL internet in a VERY VERY old area.. you thing the rogers lines are old.. how old do you think the PHONE lines are!)

Where i am (georgina), the actual techs up here, about 75% are sub contracted techs... through Intek. That being said.. from all the techs i have had up here... i have had repeat techs, etc.. the two best ones i have ever had, were both from the contracted company... the rogers ones were the worst ones. But i think the techs, can vary by area to area.. good tech to bad tech..  roll of the dice as to which you will get Smiley Sad

Luckily with my issue, was CLOSE be never ended up at the presidents office.  Luckily got through to a manager in the cable bury/maintenance devision.  Actualy got a DIRECT number to call him.   He helped throughout the above described stuff i went through.  Weither it happened or not, he said i had his assurance, that at least for the contractor used up here for the burries (this one i think only does lake simcoe area), there was going to be some MAJOR reviews and spot checks done on their work now.

Maybe thats a good sign, that maybe stuff is getting fixed? 
Hope it all works out... and if not, again i would completely understand leaving.  Good luck to you.