My friend receives my texts but I do not receive his. We are both Rogers customers.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

My friend receives my texts but I do not receive his. We are both Rogers customers.

I have a Nexus5 and my friend has a iPhone (not sure on the model). We are both Rogers customers, we have confirmed that we have each others numbers entered correctly in our phones yet I never receive any of his text messages but he gets mine right away, everytime. I have checked to make sure that I am not blocking his number and I do not have any blocked numbers setup. We have obviously restarted our phones and tried connected and not connected to wifi. 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My friend receives my texts but I do not receive his. We are both Rogers customers.

Good evening @Shantih ,

If I understand correctly, your friend can receive the text messages you are sending however you are unable to receive the text messages he is sending you.

Did you recently change your phone? Did you happen to own an iPhone before?

The reason why I am asking, is because it might still appear that the iMessage function is still active for your telephone number. Therefore instead of sending a regular text message that would be received on your Nexus device, the text message sent by your friend is actually an iMessage. That could be one of the reasons why you are not getting them.

You might have to turn off iMessage if you are currently using a non-Apple phone and cannot text messages from someone who sends them to you from an iPhone. To do so, please click here.

Make sure to enter your current cellphone number at the bottom of the page because once you hit submit you will be unregistered. This normally solves the iMessage issues.

Let us know if this is not the case, we will look into this further.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: My friend receives my texts but I do not receive his. We are both Rogers customers.

Good evening @Shantih ,

If I understand correctly, your friend can receive the text messages you are sending however you are unable to receive the text messages he is sending you.

Did you recently change your phone? Did you happen to own an iPhone before?

The reason why I am asking, is because it might still appear that the iMessage function is still active for your telephone number. Therefore instead of sending a regular text message that would be received on your Nexus device, the text message sent by your friend is actually an iMessage. That could be one of the reasons why you are not getting them.

You might have to turn off iMessage if you are currently using a non-Apple phone and cannot text messages from someone who sends them to you from an iPhone. To do so, please click here.

Make sure to enter your current cellphone number at the bottom of the page because once you hit submit you will be unregistered. This normally solves the iMessage issues.

Let us know if this is not the case, we will look into this further.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That was my though..

If your phone number is associated with an apple ID at all, then it may show up on other devices as trying to send iMessage.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I was having the same issues with my step daughters phone (but vice versa) and it turns out i was accidently blocked in her contacts... I'd check that as well... 

I was getting hers but she was not getting mine... (this was iphone to itouch) but I'm sure its still something to look into.. when one person is not getting the others text 

Smiley Surprisedoops.. just notice you did mention checking the blocks.. so my post doesn't apply.. however i'll leave it instead of Deleting it... as it may help someone down the road..