My email name is suddenly "Me"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

My email name is suddenly "Me"

Suddenly today, my email name for myself has changed from my name to "me" everywhere -- in both inbox and sent mail. What happened? What did I do?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: My email name is suddenly "Me"

I am guessing you are talking about viewing this in the WEBMAIL?

(loging in via rogers.yahoo.com or similar?)

This, for that interface, is NORMAL.. at least for the way yahoo has programmed it.  ME designates anything which was sent from you.. a reply, sent, etc.

This does NOT show up that way, to OUTSIDE people, they will still see it at whatever you have had it as before.
Its only on YOUR views that it shows up at ME

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Actually, it was not anything you did and the response that it is the normal interface is not correct either. Many people have been complaining that all of the messages in their SENT box are now showing up as "me" instead of the recipient of the email. Yahoo has acknowledged this issue and are working on a fix. https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/210695-yahoo-mail/suggestions/6535333-yahoo-mail-sent-items-showi... Hope this helps!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry yor right about the sent, I was mistaken on that part.

The ME part has shown on the new inbox interface since the switch over (which most people hate anyways) a while back, when showing conversations, etc.

Somone had reported that they got an email that the classic will be 100% gone now... Wondering if might have been part of that final cut over?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes the issue right now is with the sent items. Up until yesterday, it would show the recipient of the email, and then, all of a sudden it started showing "me". Al lot of people are really angry about this. Apparently there is a fix in the works.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right, but the OP had said the me in the INBOX as well as the sent.

Hopefully They can fix it soon.

EDIT: I just checked mine.. appears that sent is working fine, sent two tests and show fine as who i was sending to.. only time the ME showed up in there.. was on 'conversation' threads.