My Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE won't connect to the LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE won't connect to the LTE network

I noticed that I never received any form of LTE on my phone even though the whole purpose I chose this one was for the LTE network. I went to rogers and changed my sim card to ensure I had an LTE sim card, and even with the new sim card I still couldn't connect. I went through the settings and everything and still couldn't connect. Is there any kind of soloution that doesn't involve me sending it into Samsung?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: My Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE won't connect to the LTE network

Hello trevor0718

Do you have a LTE data plan? I know this may sound weird but some older plans do not have LTE. Also on your APN does it say Rogers LTE?.

Another thing which area do u live in? Depending on the area, some areas still do not have LTE.
I've Been Here Awhile

The guy at Rogers checked everything and I am on a shared plan and the other user receives LTE so that also rules out the area. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello trevor0718

Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that works? Seeing as the store rep and u checked all the settings, it could be that the radio is either damaged or something else is going on. If u still have warranty, send it into repair and see what happens.
I've Been Here Awhile

I had the same thing: brand new S4, go to Toronto and it never connected to LTE.  Talked to Rogers, my plan is ok, my phone is ok, but they just took my old sim card from the iPhone I had and put it in the S4, not ok.

Apparently you need an LTE sim card, and the also have to activate it.

Now I have LTE where it's available.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello martinYTR

All new phones that have LTE , come with a LTE sim card. So the rep that gave them a new sim card, most likely was a LTE sim card as the older non LTE sim cards are given ONLY for normal smartphones like older iPhones & such.

That is true, you need to get a LTE Sim card & activate it on your account to make it work.
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem.  I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE from Rogers, have an LTE data plan, have an LTE sim card, and I only get H+, 3G and 4G speeds in places that my friends on the same network get LTE.

What gives?  I spoke to technical support and the only solution they provided was to restart my phone and change the network settings and then put it back to the default.  

Needless to say it didn't work, and I'm wondering if I should bother.

Could it be a hardware issue?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello chaosensues

If it was a hardware issue, it would have started from the beggining. The best thing to do, is contact Samsung. Let them know what is going on ( If you are still under warranty.).