My Rogers bugs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

My Rogers bugs

Since there appears to be no more suitable place to report these...

1. If you mis-type some of your credit card information when paying a bill, you will get an error that says "We are currently experiencing system problems.  Please try again or please use live chat for assistance", instead of a "Hey, donkey, you messed up and your credit card provider rejected your information".  I contacted my credit card provider and they informed me that Rogers did attempt a transaction, and that it was rejected because of a typo in the Card Security Value.  I tried a number of $1 transactions to verify this problem, though only with AMEX and Visa cards.

However, you will also get this error for other problems, like if there is really a problem on Rogers' end.  I've seen this error in the past in cases where the transaction DID go through and my credit card was charged, even though I saw an error.  So it is an unreliable error message that doesn't actually help the user.  Basically it means if I see it, I have to call my credit card company to see if a charge has actually gone through (or wait 2 business days).

2.  At times, the My Rogers page will remember my userid, but totally forget my account information and anything else related to my profile.  The behavior I see: Clicking "Pay Now" will open a lightbox titled "Pay Now", but with six question marks as the only content (protip: error messages are cool).  Clicking most other things will give me a screen starting "There are no accounts registered with your online profile.  Please add your Rogers accounts to perform this activity"  (actually the grammar is worse, but that's the gist of it).  The rest of the page is a form telling me why I should add my Rogers accounts to my online profile.  If I try to click the "My Rogers Profile" tab, I get "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. <blah>.

Behavior expected: Once I login, the site should either sign me out, or remember who I am, not something in between.

Steps to reproduce: I have not identified a causal factor here (though it seems to happen more when I have multiple browser tabs on rogers.com pages).  It happened once after I paid my bill; another time shortly after I signed in.

------

I don't really need these fixed for me, just thought someone should know about them.

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: My Rogers bugs

This bug is not new. This has been going on for months on end. I have the same issue when i make a mistake with my credit card. It always shows " Please try again or please use live chat for assistance" Like you said, they should have a message pop up saying you made a mistake or put in the wrong card number.

One thing is that also the site takes around a full 1-2 minutes to show it actually got charged. I once pressed Enter 3 times & got charged all 3 times in which they took 300 out of me for no reason. Thankfully after complaining & all, i got 3 months for free seeing as i did this & my next 2 bills are paid for ( since i added 200 more).

Well i do agree BUT on my computer, laptop, tablet & phone it remembers my password & username. When i log in anytime it shows all my info.

Only once or twice has the site showed i was never registers with any of my accounts but once i refreshed the page & logged back in, it showed my accounts again.
I've Been Around

I can't believe that after one year, I still get 6 question marks ?????? After paying bills 1 out of 2 times.
Rogers, please fix this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry but Rogers can't fix this because they have no knowledge of what's going on themselves. After all...this is Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wowsers53

I do agree. I have noticed lately the only thing they update on the Rogers website are just pages of new phones BUT they do not fix the glitches & problems with the site.