My Rogers Down Sept 12th 2014?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

My Rogers Down Sept 12th 2014?

anyone else getting "Unable to retrieve your account information, please try again later."?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: My Rogers Down Sept 12th 2014?

same thing on my end.

I've Been Around

yes, they said that is due to the high volume of people doing a device reservation... I wanted to do one as well, and I was told that the only way to do that was online.  Well I have been trying since 9am this morning and still haven't been able to... this is ridiculous you should be able to do it by phone through the store etc... stupid rogers always messing everything up.. maybe I need to rethink my services.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All the other carriers are pretty much the same.. they will not do it through the store, etc.

Pretty much, in the end, the people in the store, etc.. all connect to the SAME systems this is connecting to.. so when it goes down for one, goes down for all.'

Looks like THIS part is back up.. looks like at least the first part of the reservation is working (didnt go any deeper).
MYROGERS still appears to be down.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jonese77 wrote:

yes, they said that is due to the high volume of people doing a device reservation... I wanted to do one as well, and I was told that the only way to do that was online.  Well I have been trying since 9am this morning and still haven't been able to... this is ridiculous you should be able to do it by phone through the store etc... stupid rogers always messing everything up.. maybe I need to rethink my services.

Yes Rogers is terrible because thousands of people are trying to pre-order a new phone and backdating the system. Do you even read what you type before you complain about it??

I've Been Here Awhile

One of the largest communications companies in the world cannot handle the number of people trying to pre-order a new phone causing me to be unable to view/pay my bills? Yes, that is in fact terrible.

I Plan to Stick Around

@PureJeenyus wrote:

One of the largest communications companies in the world cannot handle the number of people trying to pre-order a new phone causing me to be unable to view/pay my bills? Yes, that is in fact terrible.

Rogers is in no way the first company to ever have a website crash due to an extreme demand of a product.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Is anyone else haveing a problem today trying to get into their acct. info to check bandwidth usage?  It doesnt seem to matter what I try all I get are ads for the new iphone. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jays77

Due to the high volume of customers trying to sign into their accounts to reserve the new iPhone, My Rogers has been having issues & now down. Hopefully it comes back up soon.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks. Ill try later.