Must have apps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Must have apps

To be honest i do not believe you when you said Juice Defender stole your password. They have no way of getting your password anyways. Are you sure you never gave it out to anyone or a app...

@Achilles. Hmm that's weird. IT should not ask you for anything like that.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah Meow, I'll go further, I think it's a crock... of nonsense!!
Back to the must have apps question.. LBE Privacy Guard!! It's a great app, let's you control which apps can access your id, contacts, mms/sms, phone etc! Like I don't get why a clock app needs to access anything other than the time, and maybe location.
Highlighted

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Back to the must have apps question.. LBE Privacy Guard!! It's a great app, let's you control which apps can access your id, contacts, mms/sms, phone etc! Like I don't get why a clock app needs to access anything other than the time, and maybe location.

Please mention that the app "LBE Privacy Guard" only works on rooted devices.

Giving root access to an app is the equivalent of giving ALL permissions and much much more.

So you have to trust what the developer is doing because the app can read all the information on your phone and send it to whatever servers and you have no way of knowing.

Highlighted

Mathieu, granted.... but people would find out that you need root to use it. People are giving all kinds of permissions, on just about everything that they download from the Market, LBE allows you to deny access to any app you want, AFTER you have granted permission to it by virtue of installing it on your phone. So you can still use the app but it can't send SMS, phone calls, location etc, unless you want it to.
Highlighted

Also, if an app requires a permission, and the user install the app, the app thinks it has the permission so blocking it afterward may make the app crash since this behavior is not a part of the current Android security model.
Highlighted

Perhaps, but I haven't had any crash as of yet. People often ignore the permissions that an app asks for, but I don't want to allow a clock app to be able to read my contacts etc. Calculator apps have no reason to know my location or phone number. Many apps do not require any special permissions...some I'm sure, sell your information to 3rd parties....you'll usually see a spike in spam after.
Highlighted

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Many apps do not require any special permissions...some I'm sure, sell your information to 3rd parties....you'll usually see a spike in spam after.

Actually most apps with ads sell some of your informations to display targeted ads.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there an Android equivalent of Nokia Suite or iTunes?  I want to sync photos, music, messages and appointments with my PC.

Highlighted

You can use Kies for some stuff....photos & music, but it's not the most elegant way to do it
Highlighted

Forgot... if you're using Google Calendar you can sync all of that too.