Must have apps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Must have apps

I've switched everything to Google Calendar and that seems to be working except for music.  Thanks.  I now want Offline maps.  On the Nokia N8 it has worldwide maps with turn by turn voice guidance and street name all available without using data.  I travel a lot and this has been a great function.  Is there anything like this for the Galaxy Nexus?

BTW, Sport Tracker for running is on Android now and is the best for tracking workouts.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Mapdroyd lets you download worldwide maps on your phone memory and use it offline.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got Mapdroyd and it is pretty good.  It is maps only, no directions but I can preload some maps in Google so that will have to do until the 808 comes out.

Highlighted

Swiftkeyx!! It's freaking awesome!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

swype

3G watchdog

Announcify

Glympse

Highlighted

LBE PRIVACY GUARD. If you download apps from the market /play store.. Do you really want a clock widget to have access to your contacts, email address and phone number etc

@shaggyskunk wrote:
LBE PRIVACY GUARD. If you download apps from the market /play store.. Do you really want a clock widget to have access to your contacts, email address and phone number etc

Please mention that the app "LBE Privacy Guard" only works on rooted devices.

Giving root access to an app is the equivalent of giving ALL permissions and much much more.

So you have to trust what the developer is doing because the app can read all the information on your phone and send it to whatever servers and you have no way of knowing.

Highlighted

Rom Toolbox, Root Explorer, Rom Manager, Chainfire's superSU, Setcpu, Titanium Backup, Temp Root Remover, Ad Free, Mobile Odin etc 😉
Highlighted

Traffic Counter, Onavo & simunlock 😄
Highlighted

another useful app is Phono, you can see all of your connection stats!