cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sign-ins required: why?

catsoyeah
I've Been Here Awhile

Why do I have to log in over and over in order to watch a complete game on GameCentre Live (often missing crucial action as I go through the motions of another sign-in)?

My typical game-watching experience goes like this:

1. Goto the Rogers GameCentre page; login.

2. Get directed to nhl.com, which doesn't recognize that I've already signed in. Login to nhl.com.

3. Start watching game. After five minutes or so, feed drops out. Sometimes I get "latest Adobe Flash required" (even though I've just updated Flash); other times I get something like "you must be a subscriber and login." So: login again.

4. Sometimes this keeps things good for a while. But sometimes it crashes or boots me out for another login. And if I close the browser or stop the feed (maybe between periods, maybe to cool down my frantically heating-up laptop) without logging out, then I have to jump through hoops no. 1 through 3 above, all over again.

This has been my experience throughout the season; I'm only complaining now because it took me this long to tear myself away from all the endless login screens!

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multiple sign-ins required: why?

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the forums @catsoyeah 

Sorry to hear about your Rogers NHL GCL issues. As of right now I am not aware on any known issues causing multiple logins.

I would suggest adding this link ( https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/gcl/rgclsignin.jsp?modal=false ) to your bookmarks. It takes you right to the Rogers NHL GCL sign in page where you can enter your MyRogers credentials once. You don't have to sign in the other way.

I did test out the path you are following though. You start at https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/. You sign in, once you sign in the page tells you to go to NHL.com. When you click the link you are then asked again to sign in again as you stated. This should not be happening as when I clicked on the link and it recognized my credentials and i was able to watch right away. This could relate to your browser causing errors and not catching the secured sign in. The browser should recognize the hyperlink and automatically log you in when you visit the NHL website. I would suggest trying a different browser or clearing your browser cache.

In regards to issue of the Flash player needing to be updated, that could as well relate to the browser/flash player application. I would suggest trying to remove and re install your flash plug in and re-launching the browser.

Has anyone in the Community experienced similar issues and would like to suggest some more tips, please do Smiley Happy

If you need further assistance please let us know and we can have someone look into this for you.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

catsoyeah
I've Been Here Awhile

Me again; just went through a frustrating new variation on the above.

Went directly to nhl.com and signed in via the sign-in link in the top right corner.

Seemed to be logged in. Went to the game I wanted to watch, clicked "watch now." Got a freakin' Rogers sign-in screen.

Logged in AGAIN. Now the game stream loaded, although I notice that in the top right corner it still says "log in," suggesting the login didn't take. (And if experience is anything to go by, in a few minutes I'll be booted from the feed and required to login again b/c nhl.com thinks I've been watching a free preview or something, since it doesn't know I'm logged in.)

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the forums @catsoyeah 

Sorry to hear about your Rogers NHL GCL issues. As of right now I am not aware on any known issues causing multiple logins.

I would suggest adding this link ( https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/gcl/rgclsignin.jsp?modal=false ) to your bookmarks. It takes you right to the Rogers NHL GCL sign in page where you can enter your MyRogers credentials once. You don't have to sign in the other way.

I did test out the path you are following though. You start at https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/. You sign in, once you sign in the page tells you to go to NHL.com. When you click the link you are then asked again to sign in again as you stated. This should not be happening as when I clicked on the link and it recognized my credentials and i was able to watch right away. This could relate to your browser causing errors and not catching the secured sign in. The browser should recognize the hyperlink and automatically log you in when you visit the NHL website. I would suggest trying a different browser or clearing your browser cache.

In regards to issue of the Flash player needing to be updated, that could as well relate to the browser/flash player application. I would suggest trying to remove and re install your flash plug in and re-launching the browser.

Has anyone in the Community experienced similar issues and would like to suggest some more tips, please do Smiley Happy

If you need further assistance please let us know and we can have someone look into this for you.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

View solution in original post

Are you running any type of blockers in your web browser at all?  If so, try a test run by disabling them and then go through the normal login procedure, or, as has been suggested, go direct, but still run a check for an effect caused by blocking type add-ons or extensions.

catsoyeah
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, RogersAsif & Datalink! I went to the link RogersAsif provided, with Adblocker turned off and the cache empty, and it hasn't asked me to sign in again, so far... Smiley Happy

If you find that works out ok, consider adding a couple of site rules which would enable adblocker to allow the Rogers GameCentre page; login, and nhl.com