Multiple Questions...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Multiple Questions...

Hello all. I have a couple of questions I am curious about and I figured keeping it all together would be easier.

First, it appears that my iPhone's value pack was changed during October. I don't know why, I just happened to notice that my bill was slightly cheaper this cycle, so upon doing some digging I discovered that things were changed around mid-October. I had been using the same pack since getting a 3GS back in Feb of 2010. This new pack appears to include visual voicemail, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get my phone to switch over to it. My voicemail has always been set up as the dial-in option, so I don't know what to do here. Within my phone's "phone" app, tapping on the voicemail icon on the lower right just dials in, same with pressing and holding 1.

Second, pertaining to my old 3GS. Can this phone still be unlocked through Rogers? I've read posts here saying that to unlock a phone it has to be active on an account. This phone hasn't been used as a phone since I upgraded to my iPhone 5 last October. I have been tinkering with the idea of having it unlocked, so in case of an emergency with either me or a close friend, it can be used, but since it hasn't been used in over a year, I don't know if Rogers will still unlock it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Multiple Questions...

Hello NCC-2000

You will need to have a iPhone value pack which contains VVM for the iPhone. You need to call in to get this for the VVM to work on the iPhone. No other settings are required.

As for unlocking the device, if the 3GS IMEI is on your account still, yes you can still unlock it as long as the IMEI number is still attached to your Rogers wireless account.
I Plan to Stick Around

Alright I called in and asked about the voicemail issue. Turns out they had switched me to a value pack that wasn't compatible with iPhones for some reason. The proper pack was added and it works like it should. Thanks for the pointers!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello NCC-2000

Good to hear! You are welcome Smiley Happy